[Solved] when will prestashop 1.0 released?

Hi redarmy! Welcome to the PrestaShop Forum :)

We've just redone the internal work schedule; at this point, it's looking like the first v1.0 release candidate (RC1) will be out in mid-February, with the final v1.0 to follow about a week later.

Between now and then, we aim to release a new 0.9._ build once a week, with added functionality each time.

Neither SVN nor CVS is open to public access just yet, but it will be available soon. :)

Hi aravot,

Are there any specific features you'd like to see PrestaShop include which you haven't already mentioned or that aren't on the PrestaShop Features page?

We're going full tilt at the moment as we gear up for our 1.0 release.  For the latest version, 0.9.5, we made 9 major improvements alone.

The ideas you previously shared have been entered into the developers' workplan and will be included in upcoming releases.  We're always open to new ideas, so don't hesitate to let us know if there are other additions you'd like to see, large or small. :)

Hello Peter,

Apart from what I have already suggested there are a lot that can be added however for me to be able to use PrestaShop few additions are needed, I understand every persons need is different so is developers priority and geographical location that said I would like to be able to remove/unpublish birthday and gender from user profile during registration instead add password verification field, CAPTACH, state, at the moment (b0.9.5) provided payment and shipping methods are useless for a none hobby store some real payment and shipping methods are needed, like FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, PayPal Pro (direct payment), authorize.net (this is based on my geographical location) and finally a nice template/theme with the final build.

Hi aravot,

Those features that you've previously mentioned had already been added to our to-do list.

Re: CAPTCHA, a while back we looked into it and even developed a module for it, but it turned out to cause more problems than it solved. It is available as an optional module. Check out an earlier post on this subject here.

As for a nice template/theme, rest assured that it is a top priority of ours. Laëtitia, our ace graphic designer, has been working hard to make it truly the best default shopping cart theme on the market. Then Lucas and Joël will code it. It's a lot of work, but it will definitely be in place by v1.0.  In fact, we won't release 1.0 without it!  :D

• 1 month later...

We've just redone the internal work schedule; at this point, it's looking like the first v1.0 release candidate (RC1) will be out in mid-February, with the final v1.0 to follow about a week later.

Between now and then, we aim to release a new 0.9._ build once a week, with added functionality each time.

Hi! Any further informations regarding the release of the 1.0 or next pre release 0.9.8?

Thanks

Hi! Any further informations regarding the release of the 1.0 or next pre release 0.9.8?

Thanks

I'm wondering about the next release as well based on the stated "once a week" release schedule. So, where is 0.9.8, or better yet, 1.0?

Thanks...

-sciencefare

All in order of making Prestashop better, they are doing some major bug fixing along with all the new things they are now adding in following feed back from this fourm. Give them a break they are working very hard.

Hi all,

We still do not provide a release date for 1.0, it will be a great surprise for all of you! :D

The upcoming release will not only provide major fixes but also a lot of new features.

We are also preparing a new website with a ticketing system, just wait & see ;)

Best regards,

• 2 weeks later...

I would saver if the next verción may ampliarce fields for the customers of CIF or passport in spain and the

possibility that the customer may terminate your account cuendo the like.

According to Spanish regulations.

Thanks.

Anyway, when do you plan to release the next version? It's been over a month without any updates :P

I was hoping to see a new release after the last entry of your blog, but I'm way optimist heh :D

Seriously though, thanks for all your effort and the time you put in this project. I really appreciate it. Now, take a little break and enjoy these Easter vacations. :P

<hugs the Prestashop team> hehe

Best wishes from this impatient PS user  :-*