Simplify Commerce Blank checkout validation page

Prestawizards I need your help!

Blank page at simplify commerce credit card order confirmation page:

https://xxxxxxxx.com/shop/modules/simplifycommerce/validation.php

Simplify Commerce v1.0.1 - by MasterCard with prestashop 1.6.05

My shop is using SSL

It's in
sandbox mode to run the test card numbers with shop enabled yet it goes to a blank page.

The payment api requires PHP 5.2 or greater with PHP cURL extension enabled which it shows as good with check marks.

My shop is not currently enabled to view but I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function lcfirst() in /home1/xxxxxxxx/public_html/shop/modules/simplifycommerce/lib/Simplify/PaymentsApi.php on line 166

line166 shows the following:

$url = $this->fixUrl($url) . urlencode(lcfirst($object->getClazz())) . '/';

I've seen issues with paypal going to a blank page but could not find anyone using Simplify Commerce which is provided by MasterCard. Wonder why no one seems to be using them since it's free processing for the first $10,000 sales! Maybe because it doesn't work? I couldn't find them on Prestashop pages either. If it wasn't MasterCard run I'd wonder if it's even legit? I found them through their twitter offer not sure if free processing is still valid:

Anyone have a clue if the blank page being returned is user error, simplify payment module or prestashop 1.6.06?

Seems it could be related to the paypal blank page issue?

Help please to point me in the right direction on solving this.

Being able to accept payment has completely stalled my prestashop going live :(

Thanks!

please turn on ps error reporting or check you hosting error log.  the blank page would then display the underlying script error.

Full details are in my first post does this help? Thanks for your comment!

My shop is not currently enabled to view but I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function lcfirst() in /home1/xxxxxxxx/public_html/shop/modules/simplifycommerce/lib/Simplify/PaymentsApi.php on line 166

line166 shows the following:

$url = $this->fixUrl($url) . urlencode(lcfirst($object->getClazz())) . '/';

• 9 months later...

Simplify tech support got back to me with the following May 13, 2014 although I don't know if it resolved the problem since I abandoned my prestashop install when I couldn't accept simplify payments.

This info could now be outdated.

Please update if it resolved the problem I may try another prestashop install!

MAY 13, 2014  |  07:48AM CDT
Tom O. replied:

Hi,

Apologies for taking so long to get back to you. Unfortunately, the plugin had the incorrect version of PHP specified on the configuration page. The plugin in fact requires PHP 5.3+ and so using a lower version of PHP or the 5.2 as specified will cause the error you encountered. If you upgrade your version of PHP to 5.3 or above, the issue should be resolved.

We have updated the plugin accordingly with the correct version of PHP to use which you can find at: https://github.com/simplifycom/simplify-prestashop-module/releases/download/v1.0.1/simplifycommerce.zip

We appreciate your mail and informing us of the issue. If you have any other feedback or improvements you’d like to see, then do let us know and we’d be happy to help you out.

Thanks,
Tom