My Reviews not working

Hi justus,

can you try to log in as a customer and see if the box appears? If I remember well, you need to be a registered customer to be able to comment.

(I tried to register myself to try it out, but have problems adding a postal code. It doesn't accept any value as correct, even one that follows the pattern it says it wants to have...)

pascal

• Like 1

Hi justus,

can you try to log in as a customer and see if the box appears? If I remember well, you need to be a registered customer to be able to comment.

(I tried to register myself to try it out, but have problems adding a postal code. It doesn't accept any value as correct, even one that follows the pattern it says it wants to have...)

pascal

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The repostcode error has now been fixed and even when i login as a customer im still not able to leave a review.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Austin

Hi Austin,

not sure why, but the block where you can add the comment isn't opened correctly when clicking on the link.

Maybe try this:

edit file /themes/theme902/modules/productcomments/productcomments.tpl  (make backup, just in case)

(N.B. If you don't have this file here, first copy the file to this exact location from /modules/productcomments/ )

Try to locate this line: (Use Ctrl-F (win)/Cmd-F (mac) and search for new_comment_form )

<a id="new_comment_tab_btn" class="open-comment-form" href="#new_comment_form">

and add this red code:

<a id="new_comment_tab_btn" class="open-comment-form" href="#new_comment_form" onclick="$('#new_comment_form').parent().css('display', 'block');">

save and reload page (Ctrl-F5/Cmd-R)

This should then show the comment block when clicking on the link and scroll the page down to that block. See if there are no side effects, though, like check if you can save the comment etc. Also, not sure if it should be closed afterwards or so, things like that. Give it a try.

pascal.

• 3 weeks later...