Free shipping won't go away

I've recently installed v1.6 and I'm using the default theme for the moment.

I can set up the products, pricing, languages, etc. but I have a problem with the shipping module.  I cannot get rid of the 'free shipping' on the check-out basket. 

I have added three different shippers and configured them all as per the instructions, however, the shipping charge defined is not applied to the product in the checkout basket.

Any thoughts ??

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I am having the same problem. I had the same problem with 1.5 and now same thing with 1.6.  I want to get rid off Free shipping and I have tried many things including what Presta shop recommends.

I want free shipping to go away especially when a non registered user browse the site.

I almost finished my site and I am more and more frustrated.

I hope someone will help.

Hi Nemo, thanks for the reply.

I tried something and it looks like it worked.

In FTP, modules/blockkcart/translation/en.php

At line 22, I changed:

$_MODULE['<{blockcart}prestashop>blockcart_c6995d6cc084c192bc2e742f052a5c74'] = 'Free Shipping!';

to:

$_MODULE['<{blockcart}prestashop>blockcart_c6995d6cc084c192bc2e742f052a5c74'] = 'Log in for cost';

So far it works. I am not an expert. Do you think it will be OK?

I tried your video "Hide shipping cost for non registered users" but couldn't make it work for some reason.

Please let me know if I did something wrong

I know this is a frustrating issue and there are many areas to try and solve this. First, look at translations. Also, if you are using a theme other than the default, look at translations for that theme. An easy trick to change translations for this issue is to open translations and use the "find" or "search" option from your browser for the word "free". This will highlight all instances of "free" and you can change what you want. Again, this does not always change everything, especially with regards to the free shipping issue because some of that text can not be changed in translations as far as I know.

For me, my solution was to comment out the freight line completely because it is not necessary for me until the order process is run.

Here is a link to someone that has a similar issue and the fix. Not pretty but it's effective.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/327558-one-little-word/