Hello all. I was wondering, in  presta multistore, a database is created separately for each shop?. Is there any of calculating the size of a database for a single typical product?

I am looking ways to know  a brief estimation of a database size assuming the size of a product.

I can't help with estimation because storage is cheap...and not an issue for most hosting..

re multishop: ps is one installation multiple shops.  Depending on how your define 'other shops', shared not shared etc determines db usage.

again today in most hosting...these questions are moot...

happy ps building

I can't help with estimation because storage is cheap...and not an issue for most hosting..

re multishop: ps is one installation multiple shops.  Depending on how your define 'other shops', shared not shared etc determines db usage.

again today in most hosting...these questions are moot...

happy ps building

Well storage in not in my concerns. I would like to know how big the size of database could be for performance, backup, and finally restore reasons. For example there will no be the same time to restore a database of 10Gigs and 1 T. Would you agree I assume for that.

Well about shared and not shared would you be kind to provide a document link in order to read the differences between share and not in order to decide which one is to follow? Is there a way to have multiple databases for each of my clients? Please help me know further about this.

Again thanks a lot for replying to me

Well storage in not in my concerns. I would like to know how big the size of database could be for performance, backup, and finally restore reasons. For example there will no be the same time to restore a database of 10Gigs and 1 T. Would you agree I assume for that.

Well about shared and not shared would you be kind to provide a document link in order to read the differences between share and not in order to decide which one is to follow? Is there a way to have multiple databases for each of my clients? Please help me know further about this.

Again thanks a lot for replying to me

ave maria pues...did you google this or would you like me to? :)

kidding aside, why not just download ps and give it a spin?

here is good doc about multishop

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/303336-multishop-different-countries-different-prices-same-language/

to have multiple databases (split customers), let's call them what they are, multiple installations, yes?...so of course you can have more than one standalone installation.

ps  does not handle shop by customer in multishop, in that you can't define shop...and allow cust back office just for their shop..not in native, but possible module exists..

Well again thanks but since I am new cannot fully understand any of your meanings. I think you did not answer my question of how large a database could be and ps can handle.

I can guarantee you I understand your question.

If you don't understand a specific point please ask question so I can clarify.

I

Well roughly how about to tell me that in a multishop if there is a 100.000 products how large the database size could be. Is any method to estimate a database size by knowing the amount of products entered in a multishop?  

Well roughly how about to tell me that in a multishop if there is a 100.000 products how large the database size could be. Is any method to estimate a database size by knowing the amount of products entered in a multishop?  

yes, you could install prestashop with demo data and look at product/category row sizes...multiple product x 100,000 and category size by category row size.

do you have access to prestashop installation db via phpmyadmin?