Featured products module problem

Hello friends,

I just tryed to change the order in which the featured products are shown and i had a nasty surprise.

On top of the fact that whatever i do the products shown in featured box are in the same order and the same i noticed that now if i change the number of products shown from the featured products module the changes does not appear in my shop.

I also figured out that once i make a modification to one of my products or introduce a new one all changes appear on site as they should.

Do you have any idea why is necessary to modify/add prod in order for the featured products number shown to be as i configured it from module options and for the order of them to be shown as i settled it?

Is there any correlation between these actions or is just a nasty bug?

Thank you in advance for support!

now if i change the number of products shown from the featured products module the changes does not appear in my shop.

two possibilities:

1) you haven't got enough product associated with "home" category

2) this module uses "caching" system, so i suppose that you have to clear it under adv. parameters > performance tab in BO

Hey Vekia,

Thank you for your time.

1. All my products are associated with Home category (as i stated the changes i make are visible ONLY after i make a small modification to a product or add a new product :)  - strange but true).

2. How shoul i clear the cache exactly - i am afraid not to delete something that could make me cry after :) .

All the best my friend!

• 2 weeks later...