Nothing changes in Global css

plotto

Hi,

New to PS1.6

I have followed some of the links here on how to change the background, but my back ground stays the same, tried colour changing things and that didn't work either. Not sure what I have done different.

Hope some one can give me some insight.

Regards

Edited by plotto (see edit history)

You have on top of your page some <div>'s who cover the page, so if you change the page background, that isn't shown (actually it shows very shortly, when loading the for the first time)

The <div>s that cover are for example:

<div id="header">

in /themes/default-bootstrap/css/global.css,  (on line 527): If you change the background-color here, you will see the top of your page change colour.

The body colour you can change on line 525: (a div with class columns-container)

.columns-container

the footer you can change by changing the css of the footer-container (line 6781)

.footer-container.

(Be careful here. this value window-width dependent   (because of @media (min-width: 768px)   ). For smaller widths it uses another value given on line 6778

Hope this gives some idea...

pascal

You have on top of your page some <div>'s who cover the page, so if you change the page background, that isn't shown (actually it shows very shortly, when loading the for the first time)

The <div>s that cover are for example:

<div id="header">

in /themes/default-bootstrap/css/global.css,  (on line 527): If you change the background-color here, you will see the top of your page change colour.

The body colour you can change on line 525: (a div with class columns-container)

.columns-container

the footer you can change by changing the css of the footer-container (line 6781)

.footer-container.

(Be careful here. this value window-width dependent   (because of @media (min-width: 768px)   ). For smaller widths it uses another value given on line 6778

Hope this gives some idea...

pascal

Thank you for that.

After I have made changes to the global.css file, the site doesnt seem to change.(even after refreshing my web browser)  But when I went back the next day it had.

Is there any way to make the changes immediate?

hello

there are several things that can affect "visibility" of the changes.

1) you've got CCC option for CSS files under adv. parameters > performance tab. if so - turn it off while you're working on your theme

2) your browser remember old settings, so just clean up browser cache 

3) your host uses some kind of totally not related to prestashop caching system

hello

there are several things that can affect "visibility" of the changes.

1) you've got CCC option for CSS files under adv. parameters > performance tab. if so - turn it off while you're working on your theme

2) your browser remember old settings, so just clean up browser cache 

3) your host uses some kind of totally not related to prestashop caching system

Thanks Guys for the help.

Can you advise me is it hard to create the following;

I want the website to sit ontop of a Background (Screen Capture shows a moc-up of how I want it to look, obviously the background will be different)

Capture.JPG

Any help would be great, findind it hard to change anything with prestashop when it comes to Themes. Do you think in the future there will be a WYSIWYG style editor?

Regards