Bug? Product Associations do not work in Multistore / All shops

I have a store in english and spanish, and I have created a multistore so I can assign a different domain to each of them. Other than that, both share everything: products, customers, categories... 

The problem comes when I want to modify the associated categories of an existing product. Having selected "All shops" in the top shop selector, I enter the product edit page, go to Associations and change the Multistore selector to "YES" (that enables the categories tree) and start assigning categories.

Now if I save (or save and stay), it shows the "Update successful" message but nothing changes: all the associations I made are ignored. The funny thing is that if instead of "All shops" I select one of the shops (i.e. the Spanish one) and I modify the categories of a product, not only does the change stays but it spreads to the other shops. To summarize:

Product 1 assigned to category 1.

All shops

I click category 2. Save. Nothing happens, still assigned only to category 1

Spanish shop:

I click category 2. Save. Now assigned to category 1 and 2

English shop:

Already assigned to category 1 and 2

Back to All shops

Product assigned to category 1 and 2

Edited by Borgtex (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a store in english and spanish, and I have created a multistore so I can assign a different domain to each of them. Other than that, both share everything: products, customers, categories... 

The problem comes when I want to modify the associated categories of an existing product. Having selected "All shops" in the top shop selector, I enter the product edit page, go to Associations and change the Multistore selector to "YES" (that enables the categories tree) and start assigning categories.

Now if I save (or save and stay), it shows the "Update successful" message but nothing changes: all the associations I made are ignored. The funny thing is that if instead of "All shops" I select one of the shops (i.e. the Spanish one) and I modify the categories of a product, not only does the change stays but it spreads to the other shops. To summarize:

Product 1 assigned to category 1.

All shops

I click category 2. Save. Nothing happens, still assigned only to category 1

Spanish shop:

I click category 2. Save. Now assigned to category 1 and 2

English shop:

Already assigned to category 1 and 2

Back to All shops

Product assigned to category 1 and 2

Hi! Thanks for your report. You should copy this report and include steps to reproduce this issue to our issue tracker at forge.prestashop.com 

From there, you and others can vote on this issue or comment on it. Our development team will take a look at this report and try and reproduce the issue. They will then comment on the report and work with you to solve the problem. 

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
found a solution.

already submitted to github

change line 39 in file admin\themes\default\template\controllers\products\associations.tpl

{include file="controllers/products/multishop/checkbox.tpl" field="associated-categories-tree" type="category_box"}

to:

{include file="controllers/products/multishop/checkbox.tpl" field="category_box" type="category_box"}