Hi there

I'm trying to understand how abandon cart works on Prestashop.

At the moment, my website allows shoppers to add products to their cart without registering their details. Unfortunately, when I go to the backend of my website, I see plenty of products added to carts but no customer details.

Question 1: Is there a way that I can minimise this? For example, is there a way where I can get the customer details so that I can follow up?

Question 2: How does cart abandonment work? Does it work when customers add items to their cart but not fill in their details? Or does it work where they fill in their details but not proceed to checkout?

Question 3: Does Prestashop  allow the registration of customer details but not allocate the customer to a cart?

Thank you

Jessie

I try to help answer/inform.

Question 1: Is there a way that I can minimise this? For example, is there a way where I can get the customer details so that I can follow up?

The only way to get customer details is to force them to login  to see prices.  There are a number of modules to do this.  You can also change customer-->groups-->edit visitor to 'now show prices' and indicate on your that visitor must sign in to see prices.  Note: this is not a good idea for most shops because visitors don't want to be bothered.

Question 2: How does cart abandonment work? Does it work when customers add items to their cart but not fill in their details? Or does it work where they fill in their details but not proceed to checkout?

It simply means, when no 'name' is present in shoping cart lists, that they added to cart, but did not actually finish, they left at some point.  This may be for any numbre of reasons, high shipping, poor check out  experience,  slow shop...

Question 3: Does Prestashop  allow the registration of customer details but not allocate the customer to a cart?

no, once they register and are logged in, if they then add to cart, the shopping cart list will have their 'name', which is linked to their customer record.

I suggest posting here: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/forum/136-feedback-on-my-store/  to have your shop reviewed by community.

Also review your google analtyics to watch flow,  figure out where they are exiting (i.e. exit page)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue; however, my clientele is a bit older and they do not realize that the items float up into the shopping cart and that is where they need to check out.  Is there any other way to make this more obvious.  Thank you for any feed back. 

Out of nowhere my shopping carts all when to O...nothing except for the top 3 that are still showing items in cart..I hit the Action button and not sure if that is what cause it as they all had items in their carts for followup