IMPORTANT ! Discount on Customer Groups have changed from version 1.5 ?

Hello

I discovered something strange on my shop which resulted in that I was almost giving away goods for free !!

I have a customer group were the customers in that group gets 25 % discount.

In the back office I have put 25 % discount on that group and before upgrading to 1.6.0.5 the software took the standard price and reduced it with 25 % for those customers.

After the upgrade I was called from a new customer in that dicount group who told me that we were very cheap .....oh well....

So I checked the persons order and found that the prices were way to low.

I found out that the software is now just reducing the price with 25 % its actually giving the customer 25 % of the standard price which means a reduction of 75 %

I changed the value in the group definition to 75 % and now its correctly reducing the price by 25 %.

How can this happen ?????

Petter

Edited by Penge58 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello

I discovered something strange on my shop which resulted in that I was almost giving away goods for free !!

I have a customer group were the customers in that group gets 25 % discount.

In the back office I have put 25 % discount on that group and before upgrading to 1.6.0.5 the software took the standard price and reduced it with 25 % for those customers.

After the upgrade I was called from a new customer in that dicount group who told me that we were very cheap .....oh well....

So I checked the persons order and found that the prices were way to low.

I found out that the software is now just reducing the price with 25 % its actually giving the customer 25 % of the standard price which means a reduction of 75 %

I changed the value in the group definition to 75 % and now its correctly reducing the price by 25 %.

How can this happen ?????

Petter

Are there anyone who can confirm this change for me ?

I can confirm this. I will check with the dev team tomorrow about this issue and get back to you. Thank you for the heads up.

Thanks

I just changed from 25% to 75% to make it work but seriously people who use the feature can really loose some money if they are not aware :-)

I had one order placed before I discovered it so not too bad for me.