Canada Post Module

I am new to prestashop to begin with. But on the features section on the prestashop site it lists canada post as one of the shipping features. 

Does this mean that it used to be a module?

And if it used to be a module will it be coming back?

Interesting. I saw that you can add your own shipping. But I did not fully look into it yet. 

How well does it hook into Canada post if I do this?

Will I see all the available services? and have the calculation done by volume etc?

I guess I should be looking into this now that Canada Post module is not an option now. 

Thanks Benjamin,

I read the document (quickly) and read the adding a carrier portion. 

To my understanding this will not use canada posts's shipping calculation at all. So I will have to try and get as close as possible to their results by just using weight/dimensions.

I don't see any mention of the cost being calculated by location however? So if someone is in a rural location the cost of shipping is usually much higher on Canada Posts's system. 

Am I misunderstanding this, or would the old module be a lot more versatile than adding my own carrier?

Hi sackling,

Do you have a Venture One card with Canada Post? If not, you can apply and get discount prices on shipping.

With a Venture One Card, you will have access to "Expedited Parcel" Prices that will be the same prices as regular shipping but almost as fast as Xpresspost.

Also, Canada use Rate code that you can find in a pdf chart somewhere in this site

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/business/ratesprices/default.jsf

(I believe those documents are called "Canada Post Business Prices")

There is a different chart for Expedited Parcel, Xpresspost, Priority... that you can use to setup your shipping rate table under Shipping/Carriers in your BackOffice.

The charts use Weight ranges at 0.5kg intervals.

Anyway, just my 2 cents...

cheers

Dan

Edited by papagino (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm having trouble the Canada Post Rates and Labels. I followed the few steps :

- Connection to canadapost account (created account last week so it should be ok)
- Registered 1 fake box to make the module work
- I'm testing environment (Live mode off)
- API test keys saved

- Canada methods selected and shop address saved in the module configuration

Unfortunately, I'm getting this message while checkouting in the shipping section : "There are no carriers that deliver to the address you selected".

The given address is in Montreal (Canada, Quebec).

In the backoffice, I set up the shop for North America (Zone), Canada (Country) and Quebec is registered properly in the States tab (North America, Canada). Those settings are the default ones, I did not modify anything here but disabling other useless zone (Europe, Africa, South America...)

Also, there is no stock management, "Enable stock management" is set to NO.

Does anyone have an idea about where this problem comes from ? I guess it's not a bug but a misconfiguration, it's been 2 days I'm trying to fix it whithout success. It's pretty frustrating for a module that I bought 279$ on prestashop addons marketplace.

More Info : Prestashop 1.6.0.8

Module Canada Post Rates and Labels :  V2.0

Thank you for your help :)

Edited by thomsw (see edit history)