An upgrade is available for some of your modules!

In Wordpress, when a module has an update available it has a link next to it so you can see the changelog and new features. That way you can decide whether or not it is worth updating

I think prestashop would really benefit from this feature. I would have thought it would be quite easy to implement (Said the non-programmer)

easy or not should not be your concern.  any software update should provide a release note, so it is clear what is changing. 

Prestashop does provide release notes on Prestashop changes, however for module updates, they expect you to know how to use their github to see what changes were made between versions.  This is clearly a bad experience and surely they can improve how they manage module updates

• 2 weeks later...

The recent experience with broken homeslider module update is an indication that along with the need for testing users should have the option not to update and changelogs. Not to be rude, programming is a time consuming and detail oriented task, but these module updates really make me nervous about updating anything.

I don't think the first update to homeslider was tested at all before it was pushed to the PS users. How hard would that have been? Sometimes programmers get in their head that they won't make a mistake and just implement. However, this entire issue shows that one wrong word, one misplaced comma, and it breaks every site.... especially since this is a key module for the new default theme.

I would be willing to do a fresh install and volunteer to test what I can. I'm not advanced, but learning. Is there some place to volunteer?

Thanks programmers for all your hard work

Edited by Dougadanny (see edit history)