Hello,

I am a new user to Prestashop and installed my first store. We have everything set up and running smooth until we tried to test a transaction.

When a user tries to checkout and enters their shipping/billing info they are hit with a the following error message:

There is 1 error

1. The Zip/Postal code you've entered is invalid. It must follow this format: A0A 0A0

We are using US zipcode 17602. We looked in Localization/Countries/ and the Postal Code format is set to NNNNN.

Could you please advise on what we need to do in order to fix this?

Thank you :)

post-771224-0-32491600-1395932647_thumb.png

Registering seems to be fine. It is when you try to make a purchase and complete a transaction. You get this error at checkout.

We are selling only to US, Canada, and Mexico residents. I have only those three countries listed under Localization/Countries.

I deleted all the rest. Was that a mistake? :)

So, do I remove mexico and canada also?

what I did find odd is that at registration I entered the address (looks custom)...then again I had to add an address...as a visitor experience...I'd probably click the red x button top right of my browser. :)

Yes, we have customized the shop for "customers" and "sellers". As a regular user, you have a "customer" account that holds your main shipping address for any purchases you may make. Then, there is a "seller" account and that address would be your business location or storefront. If no physical business location, your shipping address is used.

We are still working out the bugs and creating a more userfriendly experience. Thank you for the feedback.

The zipcode issue arises at this page: see attched photo.

I DO NOT CREATE AN ACCOUNT. Only using "Instant Checkout" option. After I input all my info and click "continue" is when I get the error.

Thank for your assistance guys!

post-771224-0-75725700-1395934876_thumb.png

Edited by cocktail5555 (see edit history)

It worked for me too.

Those codes you mention are Canadian so I assume you somewhere had Canada set as country.

Yes, Cananda, Mexico, and US. However, US is the only one "enabled". Would any of this be causing the issue. I am a little unfamiliar with the Localization settings.

post-771224-0-66119200-1395936200_thumb.png

Edited by cocktail5555 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...