Cannot Access Administration Panel After Upgrade...

Hello!

I recently updated to PrestaShop 1.6 using the 'One Click Upgrade' option. Unfortunately, I now cannot access my Administration Panel. I have cleared my Cookies, History and Temporary Internet files and deleted my .htaccess file without results. I am experiencing this issue on multiple browsers on multiple PCs Any suggestions on how I can resolve this?

Thanks!

That is good. :)

If you haven't yet, please delete all cache directory's and files found inside these,

prestashop\cache\smarty\compile
prestashop\cache\smarty\cache

If deleting the cache doesn't do it, try changing this setting to "true" and try to load the BO again and hopefully get an error message.

prestashop\config\defines.inc.php

Line 28

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

Edited by Bill Dalton (see edit history)

That is good. :)

If you haven't yet, please delete all cache directory's and files found inside these,

prestashop\cache\smarty\compile

prestashop\cache\smarty\cache

If deleting the cache doesn't do it, try changing this setting to "true" and try to load the BO again and hopefully get an error message.

prestashop\config\defines.inc.php

Line 28

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

Editing the 'prestashop\config\defines.inc.php' file allowed me to log in. I appreciate the help! What did I change when I edited this file?

• Like 1

The edit simply enables error reporting so that could not have had the effect of fixing the problem. More likely tied into the clearing of server cache and a delayed match with your browser cache. Sometimes the two are in not in tune.

Glad you are back in action, see you around the forum.

• 10 months later...

This is a module conflicting with a built in fatal error. The proper thing to do is to figure out which module is causing the problem, usually by first disabling your most recently installed modules or code that has recently been altered. Fix the code that is triggering the error.

But that isn't always possible, so from time to time, although not recommended, I sometimes just disable the fatal error code. To do that, go to line 112 and comment out the code.

This is a module conflicting with a built in fatal error. The proper thing to do is to figure out which module is causing the problem, usually by first disabling your most recently installed modules or code that has recently been altered. Fix the code that is triggering the error.

But that isn't always possible, so from time to time, although not recommended, I sometimes just disable the fatal error code. To do that, go to line 112 and comment out the code.

can you please tell me in detail how to do that?

When a fix is published you can see the address of the file on the left. So here,

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/20d880cd0c4720afeb2a95fc49e787e92d663881

On the left see the file name and location,

Showing 2 changed files  with 12 additions and 9 deletions

classes/db/Db.php 

classes/db/DbMySQLi.php 

Comment out the red code and add the green.

Using Cut & past it is a few minute job. Good Luck.  :)

When a fix is published you can see the address of the file on the left. So here,

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/20d880cd0c4720afeb2a95fc49e787e92d663881

On the left see the file name and location,

Showing 2 changed files  with 12 additions and 9 deletions

classes/db/Db.php 

classes/db/DbMySQLi.php 

Comment out the red code and add the green.

Using Cut & past it is a few minute job. Good Luck.  :)

I am not able to figure out where in the file I should do this. if i view the entire file then it same as mine but then I am not able to figure out whereshould I do the change and when I see the file as link shows then I do not see the line no and content as it is  shown here.

I tried this but it did not fix my problem. It shows an error that is "Fatal error: Call to undefined method mysqli_result::fetch_all() in /home/royaaueo/public_html/presta/classes/db/DbMySQLi.php on line 112"

How can I fix this problem.

see if this bug report and fix will help:

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-4249

and from this bug report I think this is actual fix

uhm..sorry I have become just a fly on the wall...did you look at this as suggested?, it fixes the mysqli error you reported after enabling debug mode...