[SOLVED] Images and Featured Items not working.

When I add products using CSV file import, and I specify the location of the image using URL, images will add. However, when I manually add a single item, I cannot get an image to load and save properly. The img folder is set to 777 as well as all subfolders. I have used prestashop for more than 2 years - this is a first for me.

Assistance anyone? Prestashop version is 1.6.0.5 ; completely new install - this is not an upgrade attempt. Furthermore, this is the standard generic Prestashop default theme!

This is PrestaShop™ 1.6.0.5 

When I add products using CSV file import, and I specify the location of the image using URL, images will add. However, when I manually add a single item, I cannot get an image to load and save properly. The img folder is set to 777 as well as all subfolders. I have used prestashop for more than 2 years - this is a first for me.

Assistance anyone? Prestashop version is 1.6.0.5 ; completely new install - this is not an upgrade attempt. Furthermore, this is the standard generic Prestashop default theme!

This is PrestaShop™ 1.6.0.5 

AGHHK! Uploading pictures is a two-step process. You have to click ADD FILES and then the blue button UPLOAD.

I solved my own problem - closed

Edited by fadedsuede (see edit history)