installing prestashop

Hi,

First of all I would like to appologise for having sent a question directly to a member.  I was unaware that I had done that and I had not seen any other way to send a question until now.

I'm new to PrestaShop. 

The other day I downloaded PrestaShop, installed it to my server and got it all working fine (with loads of help from my hosting tech support).

Then I thought that whilst I get somebody to modify the default theme to my requirements, I will delete prestashop from my server and wait until the modifications are done etc. etc.

Today I realised that it was a mistake to delete prestashop from my server and that I need to have prestashop uploaded again.

I followed my notes and did as I had done before.  Now the files are back on my server, but I don't seem to be able to do the auto-install. 

My question is do I need to auto-install again and if so where or how can I do it.

To launch the installer, simply browse to PrestaShop's location on your web server: the script will automatically detect that PrestaShop is not yet installed, and will take you to the auto-installer.
You can also directly type the address of the /install folder: http://www.example.c..._folder/install.

From there on, you just have to read and click.

if I directly type the address of the /install folder with my domain instead the example I get

404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

I would appreciate it if somebody could advise me.

Many thanks in advance

Hi again,

I figured out my previous problem.  I had typed in a wrong address to the /install folder.

I succesfully launced the install and got stuck with

We are currently checking PrestaShop compatibility with your system environment

If you have any questions, please visit our documentation and community forum.

Oops! Please correct the item(s) below, and then click "Refresh information" to test the compatibility of your new system.

Files
All files are not successfully uploaded on your server

Compatibility is OK.

To figure out which folders on my server are missing files, do I check the content of each folder etc. in the prestashop on my local site against each prestashop folder content on my server?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies for the late respond....could not figure out how or where to reply....lot to learn.

I decided to wait and install PrestaShop locally on my computer so that I can try to figure out things before its online.

Many Thanks for your advise!

• Like 1

Apologies for the late respond....could not figure out how or where to reply....lot to learn.

I decided to wait and install PrestaShop locally on my computer so that I can try to figure out things before its online.

Many Thanks for your advise!

this is a good way to develop and much faster.

make sure (before moving to remote server and you have never run ps on that server) to do a clean native presashop installation there so ps can determine and tell you if server config supports ps.

happy prestashopping (and learning)