Tax Configuration

I am trying to configure the tax rules for Canadian provinces. I am unsure how the system knows which province or state the user is from since that information is not collected a unique field when an account is created.

I need to create one tax rule for everyone in BC and another rule that applies to all other users. Any help would be appreciated. My test install is at www.sunsino.com/prestashop.

Thanks in advance

Hi macca,

Welcome to the PrestaShop Forum!

If you are using v1.0 RC4, province info can indeed be gathered during customer account inscription by creating the Canadian provinces in the States tab (Back Office >> Shipping >> States).

Please consult the following document on the PrestaShop Wiki. It includes a diagram showing how taxes are determined.

http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Taxes/

For Canadian users, then, on the province BC page, in the Tax behavior field, you would select "Both state and product tax". For all other provinces you would select "Product tax".

Hope this helps!

:-S I thought we would be able to assign Assign taxes to a state or region with the new RC4. How will this work when customers are in both US and Canada and each state within the US has a different tax rate? Are the taxes now going to be added after the customer enters his/her shipping address? Otherwise, how will the cart be able to add the proper tax? How do you suggest setting this up?

• 2 weeks later...