Blank admin page, no errors, after move to localhost

Heeeeelp!,

I wanted to test upgrading a 1.5.6.1 installation to 1.6 but do it offline before upgrading the live site so I copied the whole live site (database included) into an XAMPP installation on my PC. I edited the config settings for the database, deleted the smarty cache and class_index.php, changed every occurrence of the live domain in any file (including .htaccess) on the site AND in the database tables to 'localhost', removed read-only attributes on every file and directory, then fired it up.

The front office works fine, no problems at all, but the admin page comes up blank, just dark grey. I turned on _PS_MODE_DEV_ but no errors are displayed. There are no errors in the PHP or Apache error logs. View source of the blank admin page shows standard header stuff and a few <div>s in the body but no content.

I moved this 1.5.6.1 shop out the way then installed a clean 1.6 Prestashop - it works fine, front and back office. But I need to get the 1.5.6.1 to work.

I don't know what else to try - does anyone have any ideas please?

My XAMPP is running Apache 2.4.7, PHP 5.4.25, MySQL 5.5.36.

Thanks,

Dave

Certainly do, at least with an error message there's something to work on.

Yep, the path is set and there were some errors in there, from when I hadn't properly copied the site across, but nothing since. By the way, I don't *think* it's relevant but I'm running XAMPP in a virtual PC. It's got plenty of memory though, and the PHP limit is 128MB, so I don't think that's the problem.

Thanks again, especially on a Sunday :-), hopefully someone will have seen this exact problem before.

Problem SOLVED!

It turned out that when I copied the live site onto my PC a couple of folders were not copied, one of them was /admin/themes/default/template/controllers/login, which appears to be responsible for displaying the admin login screen.

What's worrying is that I did the copying (i.e. FTP downloading) using Filezilla and no errors were reported, there was nothing shown in the "Failed transfers" list. So now I can't be sure that my "safe" copies of the site are complete. Time to look more closely at server backups I think.

Thanks again,

Dave