Fake Customers/Orders even with Demo Mode "Off"

There is a module called prestashop cleaner installed with 1.6 which can remove the demo data.

The 'turn demo data' off button on the dashboard is just for the demo statistics on the admin dashboard and it does what it should do and as it clearly says under the button.

As for BS, most people new to Prestashop need to see some demo products so that they can see what the store looks like.

Edited by Yngvi (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Thanks for the info about the cleaner.

I also agree with you about the usefulness of demo products, orders, customers, etc.

However, I disagree that demo mode works as intended and clearly says what it does. It says only:

"This mode generates fake data so you can try your Dashboard without real numbers."

Based on that, I would believe that turning this mode off would remove all - not just some/most - fake data.

More important than the fact that turning off demo mode doesn't remove all fake data is that what's left doesn't work correctly. When demo mode is off stats on the main page, totals at the top of the order page, etc, go completely to zero - even though there are a few orders left.

• 1 month later...