Problem with everything

jasion

I have upgraded to the latest 1.6 version.

At first i was impressed , because the front office looks better.

However, All photos are resized and look really funny and doesnt fit the new frames. It looks really unprofessional. the option in image settings is too complicated i do not understand it. I would mention as well that i am a businessman not an IT guy this is why i use software like prestashop so i do not have to program things myself/, right?!

Now the problem i experience as well is that every time i was trying to so something after a while i was kicked back to the login page...... , my host tech did something that is not happening that often but stll after i log in i can see stupid sign" access denied" and then everything else works ok.

Is really Prestashop went so bad that they desperately need to force people to buy templates to make money, because clearly the template in 1.6 is not compatible with the previous one, i have so called "upgraded " my version and my shop looks really bad!!!!!!! 

I am ashamed to show it to my business associates, 

Can somebody fix it please???? 

Can i  go back to the previous version please ? And the new one you can stick it somewhere where the light doest get to.!!!!!!!

Look what the upgrade did to my website, it look shit!!!!

Also i want find out some details on who to SUE for all that, i am losing business and time!!!

www.wholesale.pjworldwide.com

Obviously the template in 1.6 is not compatible with previous ones. The new template is mobile compatible and a completely different structure. In particular, if you purchased a template from an external source, it is highly unlikely to work with 1.6 because it probably includes a whole bunch of incompatible modules.

If you are "Not an IT guy' you should have got an IT guy to do your upgrade and first tested it in a duplicate folder or on another server, before just clicking the upgrade button.

BEST ADVICE: Don't just upgrade bu clicking on '1 click upgrade' unless you really know what you are doing or TEST the upgrade on a copy of your site FIRST before upgrading your actual site, or at the very least MAKE A BACKUP of your site and database before upgrading.

EVEN BETTER ADVICE: Don't tell people to stick it somewhere where the light doesn't get to, if you expect anyone to care

Edited by Yngvi (see edit history)

Look what the upgrade did to my website, it look shit!!!!

Also i want find out some details on who to SUE for all that, i am losing business and time!!!

www.wholesale.pjworldwide.com

This is not a very nice approach for getting help. You want to sue somebody for getting a free software that you were just too lazy to test before upgrading?

Your problems are really minor ones. If you would take the time to read a bit in the forum you can find the solutions by your own even if you are not an IT guy.

You can move your modules to the right position and regenerate your thumbnails. Even if you are not an IT guy you should be able to read the recommendations what to take care of before upgrading.

• Like 3