Clean install without dummy content

Thank you Bill, I don't see that module in my installed list, I only found one that cleans the database, but I was looking after some infos about cleaner addons and it seems that they mess with the database...

I'm new to PrestaShop and I don't understand why not letting chose to install the dummy content when installing.

• 4 months later...

Yes! Yes! and again YES!

You can install prestashop 1.5 without demo data, but strongly recommended to test is as your own risk.

In my way I delete folder \prestashop\install\fixtures\apple and leave untouched \prestashop\install\fixtures\apple\index.php file as only one in fixtures folder.

Next I upload all instalation folder to localhost xammp folder and install as usual.

Result? No John Doe account, no John Doe address, no apple products, no apple at all!

I know that in install folder some files are looking for apple folder durring installation but i don't care. I've get that what I want - clean installation.

Offcource you can use PrestashopCleaner but after that sometimes he did not clean product dependitions.

BTW in PS 1.4 we have choice to install shop without any demo data but from version 1.5 this option dissapear.

P.S. English is not my native language so don't mind.

Edited by codiql (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello All

To continue My previus post.....

......Today I test same way on PS 1.6.0.6 an works egsacly same like in 1.5.6.2. All you have to do just delete:

\prestashop\install\fixtures\fashion folder.

I found bug for this resolution. If you ad new categories first 2 of them going automaticly to top menu.

It is because dependencies of default theme.

One god info is that ID number of categories, new products, new customers and their addresses going from beginning with is good to us.

Fof example in PS1.5.6.2 1st added:

category have ID 3

product have ID 1

client have ID 1

client address have ID 1

CU all

• Like 1