homefeatured custom categories

This is not possible. Home is the category for featured products (the same way it was in prestashop 1.5). You don't pick a category but products. If you want products to show up in the featured products module you just need to place them in the home category. A product can be in more than one category. So just choose home as second category for all products you want to show in the featured products module.

Hi emsolutions, try clearing your cache (Advanced parameters > performance ) and enabling force compliation. I had the same problem with you but fixed it after clearing prestashop cache and browser cookies and history. 

• Like 1

yess definitely, homefeateured module uses caching engine, it means that products are stored in cache files, if you want to change them - it's necessary to clear cache or / and turn on temporarily force compilation

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

In 1.6, after making the changes vekia lays out above, here are the two things you'll want to do:

1.  In BO - Preferences - Performance - Select "Force Compliation" & Slide Cache to No.  Click Save

2.  On your server, under ~/cache/, delete "class_index.php".  This will be automatically re-created.  This shouldn't be necessary, but depending on other modules that you have installed, it will make sure that you get a fresh start on everything.

I also put the category id in single quotes, but I don't know that it is necessary.

Thanks for the tip vekia!