Making a "FULL" backup.

Hi everyone

I am currently thinking about updating my store to version 1.6, but I do have some concerns that I would like to discuss with you.

I read a lot about backup of the files and so on. I have always been using the "Database backup" function that is built in. Is this considered a full backup? If not, what else can I do to make sure that nothing is lost in the process of upgrading the system?

Other than that I would like to hear about you experiences with 1.6 so far? Is i smooth?

I am experiencing with 1.5.6.2 that "1 page check out" is flawed, my customers could not pick a distributor when checking out, it said "No distributor available for this address". Any one else had this problem? And anyone know the solution?

I have also had problems with not being able to see the attributes that my customers has picked for the products. For example if a customer has picked a size and a color, I am only able to see the size and not the color that they have picked. Really annoying. If anyone can help with this I would be eternally grateful.

All the best.

René Pedersen

Military-Rytteren.dk

btw.

check your hosting account features.

just log in your hosting control panel,

many hosters uses for example cpanel or directadmin,

you can do full hosting account backup there (mails, database, filesystem etc.)

in addition, when you lose some data, you can restore whole account with just one mouse click :)

btw.

check your hosting account features.

just log in your hosting control panel,

many hosters uses for example cpanel or directadmin,

you can do full hosting account backup there (mails, database, filesystem etc.)

in addition, when you lose some data, you can restore whole account with just one mouse click :)

I agree but please be careful when relying on Cpanel or your Hosting. This is because there are two parts that need to be backed-up in order to have a "Full" backup.

1) mySQL Database - exported.

and then at the same time

2) Copied PrestaShop folders and files via FTP

Some hosting providers do both at the same time, others do not. If they are not made around the same time, you can run into issues, especially if you had been editing your store in the meantime.