Default Template and Multi-Shop Problems

If I reset the Themeconfigurator module for one shop, it 'turns off' and does not allow adding of new images.. simply does not save...

I've even copy/duplicated the default template for the other store and still no joy

Simply, the new default template does not work for all the extra images beside the image slider and bottom images... slider, I think is ok...

If I reset the Themeconfigurator module for one shop, it 'turns off' and does not allow adding of new images.. simply does not save...

I've even copy/duplicated the default template for the other store and still no joy

Simply, the new default template does not work for all the extra images beside the image slider and bottom images... slider, I think is ok...

Hi mtporter, thanks for this. I think I got it but could you just tell me how to reproduce?

Send a pers msg and I'll give you the URL's I'm testing...

1. I enable the multi-store
  2. Of course create a new 'virtual' store either using the default template or the 2nd copy of it
  3. Upon creation of new 'virtual' store, right away everything is the same as the original except have to add a logo and images to the right of image slider are missing as well as the 5-6 at bottom.
  4. Using the theme configurator if I try to add the 5-7 images to have 2nd store unique, they simply don't appear or even save... 
  • Like 1

Send a pers msg and I'll give you the URL's I'm testing...

1. I enable the multi-store
  2. Of course create a new 'virtual' store either using the default template or the 2nd copy of it
  3. Upon creation of new 'virtual' store, right away everything is the same as the original except have to add a logo and images to the right of image slider are missing as well as the 5-6 at bottom.
  4. Using the theme configurator if I try to add the 5-7 images to have 2nd store unique, they simply don't appear or even save... 

i have the same, Template is out of order in the second shop (i use only one Template but tested like you with a copy of default-bootstrap) i can give you my url in MP

Think I may have found the answer.. don't use the same filename(s).. instead, rename them or simply upload a totally different image/filename other than the other store.

The file name is for the theme you are using or for the image you are uploading? 

So if you are uploading the same image to multiple stores, one of the images needs to have a different name and it will save?

Thanks for the info. 

Well, sort of... In Google Chrome, for some reason a new image being uploaded and saved will simply not 'save' but in Internet Explorer it will.

I make sure I'm only in 1 of 2 stores when trying to upload a new photo... I'm still testing the default new 1.6 template, I don't know if you can upload a photo while in 'all stores' and it would save to both...