[Meta Tags] error when click on save after editing

Hello. My Prestasho version is 1.4.11.0. When I click on save after editing meta tag description content and site title on index.php (via Prestashop Admin Panel) I get this error: 

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/2.2.25 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.25 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_jk/1.2.37 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_qos/10.10 Server at www.celma.com.ve Port 80

The site is offline and then I have to comment all .htaccess file lines to see the site online again. Why this happens?

Edited by Maurizio Fabbri (see edit history)

Hello Patron, I hope you are fine, thank you very much for your concern and sorry for the delay but I have been internet connection problems here in Venezuela due to the hard situation on the country. I am going to turn on error reporting now and try to change meta tags description or title again to see what happens.

• Like 1

Patron, please read the post above. I see the same error: (I just added another word to Meta Description), and when I click on save, after the "refreshing" of the page (Prestashop Admin Panel page) and also the site I see this error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.25 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.25 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_jk/1.2.37 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_qos/10.10 Server at www.celma.com.ve Port 80

• 2 weeks later...

you will need to turn on errors to get the underlying error for debug.

if you do not know how to turn on native PrestaShop error reporting see here:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information/

Patron, please read the post above. I see the same error: (I just added another word to Meta Description), and when I click on save, after the "refreshing" of the page (Prestashop Admin Panel page) and also the site I see this error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.25 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.25 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_jk/1.2.37 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_qos/10.10 Server at www.celma.com.ve Port 80

please turn on errors, as the generic 500 error does not provide this detail

Hello Patron, thank you very much for your answer, I had already done that, I turned on error reporting and then I did the same thing: I tried to edit meta tag description and when I clicked on save I got the same error message. You can see the site at this moment because then I commented again .htaccess file in order to visualize the site again.

I comment again the .htaccess file because when I try to edit meta tag description the .htaccess file is "activated" again and I can't see the site (I see the Internal Server Error). So, I comment it to see the site again. My Hosting Provider said me that and said me to do that. What is your opinion Patron?

• 3 weeks later...