Does 1.5 Theme work with 1.6?

I was wondering does the 1.5 theme still work with 1.6? Although I like the look of 1.6 its just too big, the nav bar, the width on headers the bit at the bottom to sign up to the newsletter etc. Looks fine at 1920x1080 but not everyone has a HD screen and it looks awful on lesser resolutions because everything just fills the screen whereas 1.5 theme does not.

Thanks

James

Hi James,

The best way to find out is load a test site up, and then try it out.  This latest version did NOT change the core files (in PrestaShop 1.5) in order to provide a more seamless update, so I would think that the theme should not be an issue.  However, the only way you're going to be 100% sure is to load it up and then look at all aspects of your theme in the 1.6 version.  

It's free and very easy to install.  Check it out , provide a name for your theme and let us know if there are any problems.

Arnel C.

• 3 months later...

should it ? Anyone tested it?

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Updating+PrestaShop

'any' upgrade requires build of prod shop in a test environment.

I have loaded and run a 1.5 template on 1.6.0.8 java loaded bottom from back office-->advan parms->load java bottom

then I installed module JavaPro so I could move render blocking javascripts without any issues.

build their test shop to try upgrade, of course you can then see if template (all are different) works properly.

Note: at the time of this writing 1.6.0.9 was released for testing, you should wait for this or 1.6.1 version for production release.  This of course does not mean you can not test upgrade and template now as doing it correctly takes a bit of time and effort.

• Like 1