[SOLVED] Classic 3 columns layout at home page

Is there any way to show the clasic three (3) columns layout at home page with the default-bootstrap theme?

I can show content into the displayHome hook. It will show always under the displayHomeTab and displayHomeTabContent hooks.

Tried to configure Theme Configurartor, but it only allows adding images and links.

Would like to use at home page same layout as shown when you click on a categorie to show its products. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by dogdayfear (see edit history)

You would need to enable left and right column in the theme settings for index.php. Then you would need to check in the module settings of the modules you want to place in the sidebars if there is an exception set for index.php and remove those exceptions. Finally you will probably have to do some css adjustments. Anyway, it is possible. 3 column layout for the frontpage is just not the way it is designed to be ...

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

You would need to enable left and right column in the theme settings for index.php. Then you would need to check in the module settings of the modules you want to place in the sidebars if there is an exception set for index.php and remove those exceptions. Finally you will probably have to do some css adjustments. Anyway, it is possible. 3 column layout for the frontpage is just not the way it is designed to be ...

Thanks a lot, prestamax. The only confusing thing for me is "You would need to enable left and right column in the theme settings for index.php".

Can you just point me where to find how?

Thanks again.

• 6 months later...

EDIT: After typing the topic I found the solution, I switched on everywhere the right column exept for the product page, now I have it exactly as I want it.

Hello all,

Hopefully I can still use this topic because my problem is exactly as topic starter.

I am using P.S. 1.6.0.9 with default-bootstrap theme

In this theme I only want three columns on first index page.

So in the advanced settings for the default bootstrap theme I selected right column for index page by marking it green.

I have HTML box en CMS modules hooked on the right column

In the CMS module there are several items selected for the right column

Als the HTML box is configured to show in teh right column.

Unfortunately..... no right column on index page

So what could possibly be my mistake?

Edited by consti6731 (see edit history)