[Solved] bulk upload not working

I have created a test csv file based on the headers in your FAQ. After selecting the file and importing, nothing happens - there is no further choice available. Any ideas please?

I tried many times, on 3 different computers and with different csv files. (Using latest release of PrestaShop.

many thanks

Will do, but I'm just doing a fresh installation and reading through the installation permissions, I'm wordering if that may be where my problem lies - I try again very shortly.

The CSV was based on the headings from your WIKI instructions - no real products, just a test ahead of real customer information...
thanks
chrish

I see.

I've just run a few tests at it seems to work fine on my copy of RC4.

Two more questions:

1) Did you designate at least one column as “Name” ?

2) Did you make sure that data to be imported as “Price” and “Quantity” only contain numbers (no currency symbols allowed) ?

I have not been able to use the CSV file uploader either. I mean it uploads the information, then I have a list with a red X on the left and of course the "select value type of each column" after the upload. HOW do I do this? There is no SAVE button and I cannot seem to get it to save to one of the required attributes.

Hi
I just tried this again with a CSV virtual copy of your wiki image. I get the same error message after selecting the file and clicking the upload button. Any ideas? I still think it must be a permissions thing.
chris h

Peter
I found out that we are running PHP 5.1.6-20.el5 and array_fill_keys is only available with PHP 5.2.0 or higher according to this reference page: http://www.phpq.net/doc/php/function.array-fill-keys.php

We have added piece of code to AdminImport.php from this source and the bulk import function now works!!!!!

function array_fill_keys($array, $values) {
if(is_array($array)) {
foreach($array as $key => $value) {
$arraydisplay[$array[$key]] = $values;
}
}
return $arraydisplay;
}

There appears to be a techie reason why we cannot upgrade directly to v 5.2 which I am not able to argue with.

regards
chrish

Still not right I fear. Despite the apparent success of the import, the imported items from the csv are not appearing anywhere.

I presume that they should be showing on HOME eg:
Total categories: 4
Total products: 27
Total customers: 1
Total orders: 0

and somewhere in 'Catalog' ?

regards
chrish

I'm sorry, I looked over the WIKI and tried to upload my product CSV file and still can't get it. Please look at the attached screen shots - the first one is what I get when I try to upload an Excel txt file and the 2nd is what I get after using a convert Excel XLS to CSV - neither resemble the image in the WIKI

1181_TIdtdjAhUPJE8hu9Rcwc_t

1182_oTEITpwbFPObHcpI3JxA_t

• 2 weeks later...

This is happening to me too. I originally had 97 products with pictures before I used the import feature. After I imported 3 batches of .csv files, 9613 total products are listed but I can only see the original 97 in the categories. Search is the only way I can find a specific product that I imported, it will show up in both the store and back office, but when I go to the link for product information I get a "hack attempt" warning. I also noticed that they show up in the New Products Module on the store. How can I make these products visable in the back office and have them appear in the categories I assigned them to? www.peanutandbuddy.com Thank you! Debbie