[Solved] Module - Product Comments, Update just killed my shop :/

So im working on a theme for 1.6.0.4, and the "Product Comments" module said there was an update.

I clicked "Update" and got the following error

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module productcomments:
syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR

Now the shop is totally down :/

Any way to revive it ?

eeek, thats not good.

Have they updated the 1.6.0.4 RC file ?

I still have the original 1.6.0.4 zip that mine installed fine from. I could upload somewhere if people need it.

I downloaded it the day they announced it and mine installed no problem.

Its just today I noticed it said update the "productcomments" module, and thats what broke my dev shop

There was a problem this WE with product comments. When installing a new version, the latest version of some modules are downloaded from our server and it happens that productcomments had an error that makes the installation crashed.

Sorry about that. You don't need to do anything, the installer should work properly now.

• 1 month later...

I have an issue with product comments and prestashop 1,6.0.6 and default theme.

Looks like the heading is registered as a tab and content gets registered later into the template.  Other items that hook DisplayProductTab And DisplayProductTabContent separate the tab heading from the content. 

I guess prestashop processes all the tab then all the content, So unless the tabs are empty and the headings are in the tab content section, things do not line up. 

I could edit the module, but prefer to keep things clean since I am only using default configurations. 

Has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions?  Solutions?

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to develop a module for 1.6, starting from an old one with hookProductTab and hookProductTabContent, and I found the same issue.

I have the tab all together and then the content, so a complete mess.

So as I'm new on developing modules I'm a bit lost. So if tab is not for 1.6 what is the recommended hook now if you want to add a new module on the product page ?