Categories - Vertical

The top menu is manually customizable. However, you still have the module "block categories" in order to display all your categories in a column if you wish to do so.

Not exactly. If you place the category module in the sidebar and you are on category page the category module will only show the current category and their subcategories but not all categories. You can show all categories if you install the category module that comes with prestashop 1.5. The category module that comes with prestashop 1.6 is designed to only show the current category and their sub categories (some kind of split menu).

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

Not exactly. If you place the category module in the sidebar and you are on category page the category module will only show the current category and their subcategories but not all categories. You can show all categories if you install the category module that comes with prestashop 1.5. The category module that comes with prestashop 1.6 is designed to only show the current category and their sub categories (some kind of split menu).

Not exactly, we modified this behavior in the latest version ;)

When on a category page, you can choose to display whether its subcategory or all the categories (first option in the module configuration). And when you're on a different page (index, product page...), it will display all the categories so you can use it as a menu.

• Like 1

Not exactly, we modified this behavior in the latest version ;)

When on a category page, you can choose to display whether its subcategory or all the categories (first option in the module configuration). And when you're on a different page (index, product page...), it will display all the categories so you can use it as a menu.

oh great ! You prestashop guys are simply amazing ! :)  ... thanks!

The top menu is manually customizable. However, you still have the module "block categories" in order to display all your categories in a column if you wish to do so.

My vertical menu does not work. I do not use the top menu. I have categories on the left side, but there appear to me. Displayed after clicking on the categories in the page footer. How to set up to appear as soon as it is in version 1.4 and 1.5?

Thanks for reply.

Edited by jaro61 (see edit history)