Demo store with handbags etc available for download or view back-office?

paulandw

Hi, the front office (front store) shows a much bigger variety of products and categories than the back office (Store Admin) when following the links on this page:

http://www.prestashop.com/en/demo

To get a better feel of how things work and how the database populates, I would love to get a better look at the complete front store in store admin (or even better, as a downloadable database).

The demo I installed + the back office only shows 7 products. I would really like to at least have the handbags as well.

Is the complete demo database available somewhere?

We are migrating our store from a Zen Cart store thas has been extensively customized, so even though migration addons exist, it would help a lot to also have a better understanding of how presta shop works before we start migrating.

Edited by paulandw (see edit history)

No,

as far as i know this demo is not available to download.you have to create demo products on your own.

BUT: prestashop 1.6 has got large number of demo products, it will be released on 17th march,

it's worth to wait, because it is just ... awesome :)

Hi, so a final version of PrestaShop 1.6 will be released on the 17th? That's really good to know :)

Is it best to do the testing of a brand new site on 1.5.6.2 (installed) or the beta 1.6?

We have loads of products we have to import, but it would be great to see how everything regarding the handbag images for instance are stored in the database. But I guess we will just have to fool around and try it out some more.

Thanks for the info.