Prestashop et Mac

Bonjour,

J'essaie de configurer la nouvelle version sur mac leopard, mais je reste bloqué sur la page système et permissions . Le bureau m'indique que mes dossiers sont verrouillés en écriture alors que ceux ci sont bien ouverts dans mon dossier prestashop . Que puis je faire ?

Merci

Ann

I tried to install the lastest version of Prestashop on my Imac, but I can' t manage to get through the system and authorisation page . The page claims that my files are closed although I allowed the re writing. What can I do about this ?

Thank you

Ann

1135_2NskSRZnIJ1SuhioWybF_t

1136_vfkfhxWUg6morVPcN1Ok_t

Hi,

I know this isn't terribly helpful and isn't going to solve your problem, but I successfully installed my 1.0 RC4 webshop from my Leopard MacBook Pro today. (Been playing around with 0.97 last week). So the problem might be on your hosting side (or however your setup is on that front). I used CyberDuck (FTP Client) to upload the folders and took it as usual from the URL in Safari.

My hosting package is with 1and1, which was 'fun' to get working. But the fixes on this site worked fine. I don't have a clue why the default PHP version is V4, and not V5, which you have to enable.

Dan

Have you typed the following from inside root folder of the Prestashop?

chmod 777 config/ tool/smarty/compile/
chmod -R 777 img/ modules/ mails/ themes/prestashop/lang translations/

That is what it is asking for you to do, just be careful while doing those commands, if you have presta installed in your home directory then make sure you are in the presta shop folder in side your home and not out somewhere else where you might accidently mess something up.

Sorry, also meant to say that if you have more problems let me know and I will try to help you out. I have a good amount of experience with dealing with installers and these problems :)

Thanks a lot, I'll try this and let you know about it ! ;-))) xxx

Ann

Hi,

I know this isn't terribly helpful and isn't going to solve your problem, but I successfully installed my 1.0 RC4 webshop from my Leopard MacBook Pro today. (Been playing around with 0.97 last week). So the problem might be on your hosting side (or however your setup is on that front). I used CyberDuck (FTP Client) to upload the folders and took it as usual from the URL in Safari.

My hosting package is with 1and1, which was 'fun' to get working. But the fixes on this site worked fine. I don't have a clue why the default PHP version is V4, and not V5, which you have to enable.

Dan

Thanks a lot for your answer ! Although prestashop boasts mac world on its demo page, I didn' t know whether the lastest update was running ok on OSX

Ann

Hi Ann,

I can confirm that I have loaded PS 1.0.4 on my iMAC running Leopard 10.5.4 and it loaded okay.

I did download a copy of MAMP , a package that includes php 5.x, mySQL 5.x and apache. I had no problems installing MAMP and then just followed the instructions on where to load PS. The only manual thing I had to do was to crete a database before running the PS install. To do this I used phpmyadmin which is also included in MAMP.

Download MAMP from http://mamp.info/en/index.php

Hope this helps.

Cheers Peter A

Hi all,

I've used MAMP with Leopard with all our versions without a problem, works like a dream.

As petera says, via phpmyadmin in MAMP you have to create a database called (for example) @prestashop@ and set a password for it, then enter that password during the PrestaShop install.

Hi all,

I've used MAMP with Leopard with all our versions without a problem, works like a dream.

As petera says, via phpmyadmin in MAMP you have to create a database called (for example) @prestashop@ and set a password for it, then enter that password during the PrestaShop install.

Thanks a lot to the both of you , I have MAMP installed, but I do prefer using XAMPP I find easier to use. I did not have any trouble with creating a database, only with the rights given with the files, but I am working this out thanks to the members of this forum !!! ;-)))

Ann

Sorry, also meant to say that if you have more problems let me know and I will try to help you out. I have a good amount of experience with dealing with installers and these problems :)

As you proposed so kindly , I ask : here is still the problem : I opened all files concerned by using cmd+I but nothing occured . Where am I supposed to type these lines chmod 777 ?

Thank you

Hi Ann,

In the Info panel for each file, you do not need to type anything. Just scroll down to the "Sharing & Permissions" section of the window and change all users in the list to "Read & Write" (you may have to click the padlock icon to change this information). ;)

Hi Ann,

In the Info panel for each file, you do not need to type anything. Just scroll down to the "Sharing & Permissions" section of the window and change all users in the list to "Read & Write" (you may have to click the padlock icon to change this information). ;)

Thank you for your answer . I already did this before and nothing happened... :-((

:gulp:

When you say that nothing happened, do you mean that the PrestaShop installer on step 2 is still showing the folders in red, i.e., as not having "write permissions"?

Quite right, and for some reasons you may guess, I would like my I mac to be my main platform. I settled ok presta shop ok on three other PCs and I just can't get through the install process on the Mac

Strange, it works fine on my Mac, but I use MAMP. Hopefully someone who has successfully loaded it using XAMPP will stop by and give you some advice.

I'll have a trial usiong MAMP and I'll let you know, thank you very much for your advice

Ann :-)