After seeing DEMO, How many plan on NOT upgrading to 1.6? Why

devilsown

I am just curious how many people will not be upgrading to the new 1.6 branch?  Why so?

I personal think this new update will cost me more money if i switch. Its going to take  longer to do orders. 

Here is my rant to start..

Is it me or do the people who are working on this project just coders or do they have stores?

Why are important things small or hidden.

As a busines owner i am conserned with.

Getting orders out correctly.

Time it takes to get the order out.

NOTES

First thing i noticed in 1.6 is they lost the message "notes" box completley out of the order screen. 

I know my company uses this to pass notes about an order.   i know customers use it to pass notes during the checkout about there order.  Why can't the customers notes about X order be easly seen in X order.  

Do i really need to pay my empolyesses to search for neotes in the message system?  I get  someone sending me a note in 1 out of 5 orders.    I get about 20-30 orders a day on adverage. The message system is time sink. I would say 5 minutes many times to find the right message. So that right there is waisting  20-30 minutes of time each day. 

Orders by Company Name

Still can't search for customers by the company they work for.  Picture someone from say  ACME calls in to order some items from you.  Your first question is do you have an accout? They say yes. Then they spout out i work for ACME. Then you say i neeed to know the name the account is setup under.  Well issue this person works amongst say 10 people place.  So they tell you  there boss name. NOPE  they then tell you the owners name. NOPE.  Oh its under the guy who setup the account.  Its not thought out well IMO.

OMG the order page from hell

first thing when you go to the order page is to usually do what?  figure out what they bought so you can ship it?   Well all that is below the fold. Whats the most imporant thing on your order page?Your customer is right,, But you can't even make out there name with boarder around the name etc.  I see prestashop cares way more about trying to make it all look pretty.  When i am more worried about making customers happy and get the orders out fast as possable.   Its jumbled and its all got so much padding that very little is on the screen.  How much exta money will i pay my help as they scroll. Its all needs to be condensed and in the order screen output as people care about it. When i open up this page. I assume Account registered: 02/4/2014 07:40:19 is the most importat thing.  Its firstUnder customer.  Then on the other side has about printing invoices etc.  Look how much room tht took up.  Is it that important?

I can edit the price of an item? yeap, i can even add more items to it :)

Why can't i change the price of shipping?

What is everyone elses complaint about this new update?

• Like 1

I am just curious how many people will not be upgrading to the new 1.6 branch?  Why so?

I personal think this new update will cost me more money if i switch. Its going to take  longer to do orders. 

I will definitely update. There are many advantages you forgot to mention.

OMG the order page from hell

first thing when you go to the order page is to usually do what?  figure out what they bought so you can ship it?   Well all that is below the fold.

This is nothing new in prestashop 1.6, isn't it?. In 1.5 the items bought are below the fold too.

You have opened the thread "What do you want prestashop 1.6 to do" and there have been a lot of responses and number of them have been considered in 1.6. I don't think that bashing is very constructive and fair. Personally I like prestashop 1.6 and while you may have a point with some issues I don't like the way you are presenting them.

In your first thread you have asked for improvements. I like this. In this thread you are asking for bashing. I cannot say that I like this.

Hi devilsown,

We appreciate the feedback (and the rant) . Our product team is looking at these issues and we expect to add the feature of searching by Company in the future releases. 

Add the other requests on the Forge and community members will upvote the feature if it is important to them as well. 

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. 

• Like 1

Thanks Ben,

Just final checked out the demo and i noticed that NON of items people asked for in the "what people want to see i n 1.6" thread that i created was added to 1.6.  As prestashop is marketing this to be the next best thing since sliced bread. 

Its just obvious that the people who decide what to add/change etc.    Don't actually use this software.

prestamax

I know i created that thread.  I have contacted them threw "channels'  just to fall on deft ears.

For a while i was the person who filed the most bug issues.  Even sent my name off in an email for it.

But i quit helping with bugs when there staff member was rude to me in a few tickets. 

• Like 1

I will upgrade but without using new front office theme and i will disable several features in back office - bottom bar is very ugly and use space that can be more useful if hide it..

This update will be only colorful new themes and adding god statistics in backend.

Prestamax: About 4777 clicks - This may suggests that consumers have concerns and apparently did not like some things in upcomin version. 

I hope the next release is to pay more attention to the products they are adding and removing - categories, product generator friendly url addresses and many others. See what modules searching merchant and think why they search for it.

I see on the forge where i posted some sujestions but that was almost a year ago with no replys by prestashop.  any idea how people even vote on them?

I agree, voting could be made more prominent. The way it is now only posters on the bug tracker wil find the option to vote if they are searching for an issue that contains a keyword they are looking for. How about making a "suggestion-forum" so that also people who are not digging in code or don't have a bug to report will have a voice?

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

Hi, 

I definitely agree with the user messages. They get rid of that but provide a map for where the customer lives?  Why?  I also agree the products, shipping type, shipping address should all be at the top...everything else should be below.  Just my 2cents.  I'll wait for 2-4 months after the official gold release before I upgrade so hopefully other improvements will be made.

There are a load of improvements and most of the FO things people do not like can basically be changed by redesigning the theme.

Cheers,

Dan

I do see the front end changes. 

I just look at the back office all day.  I look at everything back there as if X was differnt it would save me 1 minute on each order. And i have say 50 orders in a day.  Well crap i just  lost almost a whole hour in scrolling and paning in a day. 

• 2 months later...

1.6 back office is terrible, not effective, useless items on top, we have to scroll down and up and down and up... Lot of unused space. UGLY icons, UGLY TinyMCE editor! Looks like BO was designed by people who dont have experience with real e-shop.

All can be customized, but will cost you lot of time..

1.6 back office is terrible, not effective, useless items on top, we have to scroll down and up and down and up... Lot of unused space. UGLY icons, UGLY TinyMCE editor! Looks like BO was designed by people who dont have experience with real e-shop.

All can be customized, but will cost you lot of time..

Which items do you feel are useless? 

How would you like to see the unused space used? 

Thank you for your feedback :)