Thank you for your answer!

So I tried two different configurations:

Shop-Domain: myservername.home.pl

SSL-Domain: myservername.home.pl

URL: /site/prestashop

Shop-Domain: www.mydomain.pl

SSL-Domain: www.mydomain.pl

URL: /

I have a different shop running under prestashop 1.5 with the same configuration perfectly.

Domain provider settings:

reroute to catalogue without service separation set

catalogue: /site/prestashop

Both settings give me the same result.

post-762772-0-37942700-1392797381_thumb.png

hi man 

do you know how i can fix this proble?  

when i try click on a product link in my site it shows down message:

Error: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

help pls  :( 

i use ps 1.5 

hello

your question is totally not related to this topic

i already answered in your topic (you created it a while ago)

• Like 1

The same happened to me the Back Office was working really well but the Front Office didn´t. What I did was I checked and I put "prestashop 1" as name. So then I reinstalled it but instead I put "prestashop1" without any space. For me that worked. You can check if you put the name with a space in the middle, this could be the problem. Hope this helps you.  :)

Edited by sebasv55 (see edit history)

The same happened to me the Back Office was working really well but the Back Office didn´t. What I did was I checked and I put "prestashop 1" as name. So then I reinstalled it but instead I put "prestashop1" without any space. For me that worked. You can check if you put the name with a space in the middle, this could be the problem. Hope this helps you.  :)

Could you be more specific as I just tried with a name with a space in it and didn't encounter any problem. Thanks.

Could you be more specific as I just tried with a name with a space in it and didn't encounter any problem. Thanks.

I wish I could help you more in this, but all I know is I encountered the same problem with the Front Office. All I did was erasing it, then installed it again exact like the other one but without any space in the name and then it worked well, that`s all I know. I just posted this here to help but I don´t know much more about this :)

Hi I have the same problem, 

I have a shop of Egyptian crafts and wanted to migrate prestashop but all versions I installed had the same problem (now i have 1.6).

It seems that the problem is in the permissions denied about .htaccess file in the themes and modules folder, but what should we do?

post-763742-0-83747900-1393404222_thumb.jpg

As old tester and debugger from Prestashop I'm very disappointed that it is not possible to upgrade without some serious problems...

First I tried through the manual method - there I had only 2 bugs.

Gregory asked me to try with 1-click-module.

Well, result with 1-click method is: shop is broken.

- not possible to unset maintenance modus

- not possible to set a theme (during upgrade default was renamed to bootstrap-default and a second one with the same name was created). Also by deleting the second bootstrap theme I cannot set any theme.

Before upgrading I disabled the theme made with theme maker and set it to default to avoid any problems. Also all foreign modules were disabled. Result of upgrade is very sobering: don't try an upgrade without testing it before. Not for older shops running since some years...

My upgrade was from PS 1.5.3.1. to PS 1.6.0.3.

PS 1.6. for us (me and my customers) after this failed try is postponed to: some months after official release.

The only encouraging message I can give is: for bigger shops there is a spetaculous speed increase on front-office and also back-office. ;)

Hi Conny again,

Not being able to unset maintenance mode is probably not related to the 1.6 but your databases manipulations and issues with your hosting like you explained on the forge. You probably have an issue with connecting to the base and sending an update query. Same thing for choosing a theme, your database seems not to register changements, you need to find what is causing this. This is a database/hosting issue or a module issue, but not an 1.6 issue. You would have the same issue with a 1.5.6.2 if changements can not be registred in database, nothing different between 1.5 and 1.6 on this particular matter. Disabling module can still make issues parsing them.

However thank you for your positive comments about speed of the front office !

Best regards

Hi Gregory,

I don't understand why I don't had these issues when upgrading only database, so without the 1-click-upgrade module.  Database is the same, but only the upgrade method another. For me it's not a hosting issue, but an issue from upgrade module. By the way this module never worked reliable for me and also not for some other users here in the forum. Please keep a second method for to upgrade Prestashop, otherwise it will be difficult to move shop owners to upgrade.

It would be nice to have my problems debugged, to encourage others to upgrade. You can have a dump of database and try by yourself a upgrade with the 1-click-module. ;)

Best regards

Conny