Problem - 'Our Best Sellers' on homepage not updating

We have a prestashop store with a purchased theme. The homepage has a 'Our Best Sellers' module in a very prominent position. The problem is, that the best sellers do not actually update? They have been the same products since last year and do not reflect what customers are actually buying?

Any ideas very welcome...

• 5 months later...

Hi Folks, 

We are getting the same problem.

We are using the standard Prestshop "Top-Seller" Block and it isn't showing anything there after processing a few orders.

What triggers items to display there (Just an order? Payment? A certain status?) and how long should it take to reflect? 

Same question for the standard "Customers Who Bought this product also Bought..." module?

Thanks!

Edited by MarcGICS (see edit history)

Vekia, 

Thanks for the reply.

Yup, cleared the cache twice and placed orders since and nothing.

If you clear the cache should orders from before clearing come through or only after?

What do you mean by properly validated orders?

Thanks!

Some additional questions:

1. If an order is placed and validated and it is canceled, are the products that were on that order removed from Best Sellers and "Customers Who Bought..."? 

If not, how do you do that? (Is there a status one could us or another way?)

2. We have been testing this and have placed some test orders. We want to remove them from showing as above. Is there another/better way to do it? Is there perhaps a way to clear all order data before going live? (Which we want to do today.)

Thanks again.

Hi Vekia, 

Great, thank you. 

So basically, "Shipped" and "Delivered" are the standard default status' that will then add items to Best Sellers etc?

We have marked a number of orders as "Delivered" or "Shipped" (And they are marked to validate orders.) but the items ordered are not showing up under Best Sellers or "Other Customers Who...". Why is this?

Lastly, please advise regarding my other 2 questions:

1. If an order is placed and validated and it is canceled, are the products that were on that order removed from Best Sellers and "Customers Who Bought..."? 

If not, how do you do that? (Is there a status one could us or another way?)

2. We have been testing this and have placed some test orders. We want to remove them from showing as above. Is there another/better way to do it? Is there perhaps a way to clear all order data before going live? (Which we want to do today.)

Thanks, 

Marc

Now, when we clear Prestashop Cache, we see the correct Best Sellers etc, but then after a few minutes, it reverts back to just the first 2 x Best Seller Items as the most current ones are no longer visible. (And they should be.) To be clear, we placed an order and marked it's status as shipped, but it appears to be reverting to a status of "Backorder". Why is this?

Does Maintenance mode influence this functionality at all? I am guessing not?

• Like 1

Hi Vekia, 

I am not sure, because when I checked it now a few hours later, it is displaying properly. (After there was nothing under Best Sellers the last time I looked a few hours ago.)

How often does Prestashop update Best Sellers? IS it meant to be real time as the order status is changed?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I have cleared cache folders:

cache/smarty/compile
cache/smarty/cache
Tried to clear cache with button in 1.6.0.9 but this did nothing. SO I manually removed all files myself.

I still see the same original best sellers which do not represent what my best sellers are. Best sellers is not updating at all.
What else can I try?

www.sunset27.co.nz is our website.

It would be nice to have this module actually working. Are there any other workarounds?
Help!!!
  • Like 1

Hi Vekia, 

I am not sure, because when I checked it now a few hours later, it is displaying properly. (After there was nothing under Best Sellers the last time I looked a few hours ago.)

How often does Prestashop update Best Sellers? IS it meant to be real time as the order status is changed?

Thanks

no, if prestashop uses caching new products in that block will appear after prestashop will clear cache for this feature.

you don't have to do this manually, prestashop will clear it automatically after some time

• 1 month later...

Just cleared the cache folders manually again, disabled cache in back office, CTRL-F5 to refresh the homepage (www.sunset27.co.nz), and still products in the Best Sellers are NOT updating. This has been an issue for over a year now.
We have had many sales and those products do not show on the Best Sellers Tab. Has anyone else got this problem. Or should I just disable this module altogether. It doesnt seem like anyone has a fix or any ideas. Very frustrating.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I have the same issue where recently purchased items don't show up here on my "Best Sellers" tab by the module "Top-sellers block", I'm on PS 1.6.1.4.  It's not a caching issue because it has been cleared multiple times.

Also, how to configure it so that it ignores cancelled orders?

Thank you,

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Did anyone ever figure out this issue....? I have upgraded and still nothing...

I would love to move away from prestashop, but not sure what it will entail. I have spent alot of money on development of my site. There are just too many bugs in prestashop. VERY Frustrating!!!!! Does anyone know which ecommerce platform is easiest to migrate to?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

But a reset is not good if you have made a custom front page. So if that it the case you need to make a php file that regenerates the product_sale

<?php

require(dirname(__FILE__).'/config/config.inc.php');
ProductSale::fillProductSales();

• 3 years later...