Theme designed for 1.5.x will it works with 1.6.x

smog20

Hi dear,

I'm actually setting a website in 1.5 with a nice theme. Almost done but now 1.6 is arriving fast.

Question?!?

Will the theme set for 1.5.x works fine on 1.6.x or it will be like from 1.4 to 1.5 that I had to set a new theme?

Thanks a lot for your answers

Kind regards

Laurent

Any idea why it doesn't?

The purpose of this beta is to solve (if possible) this kind of issue or leave you some time to fix your modules.

No, I don't know why. The module is a "featured category" module, where you can choose categories that are featured on the frontpage. Installation and everything works fine but it doesn't save the category selection and no category is shown on the frontpage. It is working in 1.5. If you want to look into it I can send you the module ..

I think the developers will update the module some time in the future. Just thought that maybe there is already some documentation pointing to the direction where to look (where there have been changes) so I could check if I can manage it myself (trial & error mode ^_^ ) and would not have to wait ...

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

Hello,

I'm testing the new beta too and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the BO and the default theme, that is so that I'm even thinking of get rid of my custom theme and migrate to the default one in a near future.

In the meantime, I'm trying to make my 1.5.5 theme work with 1.6 and I've come accross with this problem so far:

I've noticed that, at least, product page and category page layout is 1-column only. I've tried to change this behaviour by changing theme settings in BO but as you can see in the attached file, there are neither "category" nor "product" page on the list in order to enable left or right column.

post-733469-0-81436200-1392797375_thumb.jpg

Could you please take a look at this issue?

I haven't opened any bug report because I don't know if this is a general issue yet.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Lucas,

Thank you for your quick reply.

It was an upgrade from a 1.5.6.2 store with 1.5.X theme.

I also tried to import the custom theme by means of themeinstallator, so that it could get the module positions properly, but the issue is still the same.

Should you require access to my prestashop setup, just let me know.

Regards.

PrestaShop 1.6 use jQuery 1.11 so that will be important thing to update your scripts from for example:

$('.something').live / click / unbind 

to

$('.something').on / on / off etc.

I made a mistake, you should use $this->bootstrap = true; in your custom controllers for back-office.

Another thing is there are several improvements for helpers if you are using HelperForm, HelperList I see few things who can make few minutes of work for developers. 

My SimpleBlog totally crashed on 1.6 and custom lists in controllers because of uploader helper o_O

Edit: Ok, I got it. I have to copy /admin/themes/default/template/helpers/uploader/simple.tpl to my module:

ph_simpleblog/templates/admin/helpers/uploader/simple.tpl

I think this is a bug? Why I have to override this file? :)

I see that we have few new helpers such us UploaderHelper It will be nice if we will have it documented.

Summary:

1. We are forced to override the uploader

2. Custom buttons on Toolbar like "Save and stay" who work with PrestaShop 1.5 doesn't work with PrestaShop 1.6

3. We must include $this->bootstrap = true to AdminControllers

4. Upgrade jQuery deprecated methods

5. We havaXZSy38.pnge to take care about  few visual aspects like in that example:

Edited by Krystian Podemski (see edit history)
  • Like 1

@jesus225: I know we fixed something about those pages in the installer/upgrade and it should resolved your problem. Could you send me your theme in a private message so I can test it on our latest development?

Thanks

I've just sent you an email with the 1.5.x theme I'm trying to use in PS 1.6.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Summary:

1. We are forced to override the uploader
2. Custom buttons on Toolbar like "Save and stay" who work with PrestaShop 1.5 doesn't work with PrestaShop 1.6
3. We must include $this->bootstrap = true to AdminControllers
4. Upgrade jQuery deprecated methods
5. We havaXZSy38.pnge to take

Thank you Krystian, your post is very helpful. I have one question though ... why won't custom buttons "save and stay" work with 1.6? I think this is exactly the problem I have with my featured categories module. I have added 

$this->bootstrap = true;

but still I can't save any categories.