SSL not working right in Back End or Front End

Hi,

I am new to Prestashop, although I have played around with it for a few years (finally going to make the jump!).

I just did a clean install and ran into a irritating problem/glitch. I already had my SSL installed before I installed Prestashop (which installed fine), and I enabled SSL after installation. However, if you go to login on the Front End my browser says this:

"the connection to this website is not fully secure because it contains unencrypted elements (such as Images)."

It also gives this error after I login to the back end, but does not display it on the login page to the back end. So I guess somehow the pictures are converting over to https?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

BTW...I am using FireFox, latest version.

Hi,

I did run the firefox debugger, but I'll be honest, I am not really sure what I would be looking for. As far as modules possibly messing it up, I have not installed any modules other than the already installed ones from prestashop themselves. If you would like to see the problem, here is a link to my shop's login page: https://piechiam.com/index.php?controller=authentication&back=my-account

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! I do have 1.5.6.2 and have applied the fix you suggested. It fixed all SSL issues on the front end. Thanks so much!

I still have SSL issues in the back end though, see screenshot attached.

are you able to localize image/library which is attached without ssl connection?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! I do have 1.5.6.2 and have applied the fix you suggested. It fixed all SSL issues on the front end. Thanks so much!

I still have SSL issues in the back end though, see screenshot attached.

Anybody have any experience with this? Or is my issue an isolated incident?

Apparently it needs super admin to disable a module, I didn't know that. Ok, from the modules screen, on the left side make sure you click the total button in the categories menu on the left. Then the module should be right here, http://screencast.com/t/pzoD0HP9PiBC  No just click the disable button and see if that fixes everything. You might have to clear your cache, but you might not also. 

• Like 1

Thanks to some helpful people most of the SSL trouble I was having has been fixed.

However, both the Reassurance Block and the Store locator block trip the SSL set the "some items are insecure" warning off. I can fix them by disabling them, and I do not really care about the store locator, but I would like to have the Reassurance Block.

As always help is appreciated!

Edited by aperson (see edit history)