Add to Cart persists in CATALOG_MODE

philmorew

I'm thinking CATALOG_MODE should turn off Add to Cart:

<div class="box-cart-bottom">
                    <p id="add_to_cart" {if (!$allow_oosp && $product->quantity <= 0) || !$product->available_for_order || (isset($restricted_country_mode) && $restricted_country_mode) || $PS_CATALOG_MODE}style="display:none"{/if} class="buttons_bottom_block">
                        <button type="submit" name="Submit" class="exclusive">
                            <span>{l s='Add to cart'}</span>
                        </button>
                    </p>
                    {if isset($HOOK_PRODUCT_ACTIONS) && $HOOK_PRODUCT_ACTIONS}{$HOOK_PRODUCT_ACTIONS}{/if}<strong></strong>
                </div> <!-- end box-cart-bottom -->

I can confirm. In catalog mode the add to cart button dissappears on category pages but remains on single product page and featured products and best sellers on frontpage.

I have noticed the opposite problem, with 1.5 themes, add to cart button presist on categories but disappear on product page no matter what setting you put. Should be reported on the Forge.

I have noticed the opposite problem, with 1.5 themes, add to cart button presist on categories but disappear on product page no matter what setting you put. Should be reported on the Forge.

Let me get this right - you want to report on the Forge that 1.5 themes don't work as you expect when used in 1.6?

Let me get this right - you want to report on the Forge that 1.5 themes don't work as you expect when used in 1.6?

Yes, as its stated PS.16 has no core changes, and it is confirmed that 1.5 themes should work on 1.6 as there is no core changes. And by the way, so far they do work as it should, this is small problem with product page only.

Yes, as its stated PS.16 has no core changes, and it is confirmed that 1.5 themes should work on 1.6 as there is no core changes. And by the way, so far they do work as it should, this is small problem with product page only.

There are of course core changes in 1.6 - simple file comparisons between 1.5.6.1 and 1.6.0.3 equivalents will confirm that. Whilst the goal may have been to enable 1.5 themes to work in 1.6 (which may have been largely achieved), it would be optimistic to assume a 100% success rate.

Themes will need to be tested with the potential that modifications either to PS or to the theme may result - which is what you are doing now. The outcome will be, as now, that themes will need to be certified as to which (official) PS versions they will work on.  I'm sure you don't intend to advertise your themes on the basis that they 'should work on 1.6 '!

Thanks, Dave

This is what PrestaShop stated in 1.6 feature page - ZERO core changes:

"In response to requests from our merchant and developer community, we built v1.6 with ZERO core changes from 1.5x. Now, any 1.5x store can seamlessly upgrade! Do not upgrade until the final stable version is available"

And yes I'm not advertise anything, there is a problem with appearing of the "add to cart" on product page even in 1.6 default theme as the OP stated.

Everyone has their own interpretation of the PS marketing info. Mine involves a degree of scepticism.

If there really were zero changes, they would have just continued using all the 1.5 files. Unless they meant zero changes in core functionality, but most people wouldn't read it that way.

Let's see if the number of issues raised in the forums when people do the seamless upgrade from 1.5x to official 1.6 is .... zero.

Cheers, Dave