eBAY - Is it worth being on it ?

Hello, we would like to do some kind of survey and have your opinion / experience if you are or not present on eBAY site

We are considering whether or not to offer our items on the eBAY marketplace, so far we have made ​​some considerations can be summarized as follows:

ADVANTAGES
- Huge visibility

DISADVANTAGES
- Fixed fees and commissions
- Downgrade shop rating

In short, the balance is not so favorable, considering the fact that most of our items are made from t-shirt on which there is already little margin, considering to remove the shipping charges, taxes, Paypal fees, if on this we add the eBAY commissions the gain is almost zero.
In short, it would be an investment of "marketing" rather than an economic advantage.

Sorry for our english language, thanks for your answers

Offer your goods on amazon. Fees are the same. On some countries like Austria e-bay is outdated, because of: you will find there only bargain and non reliable vendors. This is what ebay is in some countries. You should make a reserach on the reliability of ebay in your country. Personally I prefer to sell on Amazon and also to sell. Is more exclusive than ebay... We stopped to sell on ebay and changed to amazon with better in- and output at all. ;)

That's my opinion.

Regards

Conny

• 4 months later...

UP for new opinions.

and also one another doubt : something not enough clear yet for me 

Which is the difference between making basic inserts of selling on eBay or open an eBay store?
Because open a store seems that in some way they redirect to your website or anyway that the URL site could be shown somewhere, so I'm wondering, where are the eBay advantages ? I Know they earn their commission, but
the customer once done his purchase, it becomes somehow "our" customer and the next time could be connect directly to our store without going through eBay  :wacko:

Sorry for english mistakes

http://www.kissene.com/en/