google sitemap html in URL

printerink

Hi.., finally I have got the Google Sitemap to work.. hmm.

mysite/1_index_sitemap.xml
mysite/1_e_0_sitemap.xml (which is for categories)
mysite/1_en_1_sitemap.xml (which is for products)

The {mysite/1_e_0_sitemap.xml (which is for categories)} is fine with NO .html at the end of the URL

The {mysite/1_en_1_sitemap.xml (which is for products)} is NOT as it puts a .html at the end of the URL

The actual URL of the product on my site in the browser does not show a .html

For Example mysite/category/1-product as opposed to mysite/category/1-product.html

So the all powerful Google robots tell me that it cannot locate mysite/category/1-product.html because it does not exist.

I assume it has something to do with friendly URLs.., or not.., I do not know sadly..,

Please how do I resolve this issue anyone?

Thank you.

Thank you for your reply Nemops.., but I cannot seem to locate the page where I can "remove the .html extension from the seo and urls config page, on products?"

Unless it is if you mean in the "Schema of URLs"

i.e. ROUTE TO PRODUCTS - {category:/}{id}-{rewrite}{-:ean13}

I do not have any .html extensions on any of the "ROUTE TOs" if you know what I mean.

My apologies it is the other way round..hmm

mysite/1_e_0_sitemap.xml (is for products)

mysite/1_en_1_sitemap.xml (is for categories)

Therefore the

{mysite/1_e_0_sitemap.xml (which is for products)} is the ISSUE as it puts a .html at the end of the URL

hm.

Try  inspecting around line 311 of the module's php file

$url = $link->getProductLink($product, $product->link_rewrite, htmlspecialchars(strip_tags($product->category)), $product->ean13, (int)$lang['id_lang'], (int)$this->context->shop->id, 0, true);

This gets the product url. After this, use die($url) to see what's being generated.

I just inspected line 311 as you suggested and it is exactly the same i.e.

$url = $link->getProductLink($product, $product->link_rewrite, htmlspecialchars(strip_tags($product->category)), $product->ean13, (int)$lang['id_lang'], (int)$this->context->shop->id, 0, true);

but I do not know what you mean when you say "use die($url) to see what's being generated"

Sorry to trouble you again Nemo1..., and thank you so much for your assistance.., so I put the die($url); into the script and then just run the sitemap as you would normally from the back office.., or can you just test this particular variable another or easier way?

• 2 weeks later...

To all those Prestashop users out there who are frustrated and struggling with this issue. The version of Classes/Dispatcher.php which was causing the problem was in presta 1.5.4.1 .... I made the recommended changes etc. which were suggested on the forum and also those suggested in forge with no success.

Ultimately I removed Classes/Dispatcher.php and installed the Classes/Dispatcher.php from Prestashop version 1.5.5.0 which seems to have solved the problem. What ramification this may have in future I do not know...but so far so good.

So for now I will mark this as solved.

• 1 year later...

In my case the problem was not the bug in gsitemap module, but in override. The links for products were created with html path even when I reinstalled module, updated classes, etc. Thing is, that in SEO&URL admin tab you set paths which are overriten by Dispatcher override (that was my case. Just set same paths for all items in Dispather.php as you have in SEO&URL admin tab and it'd be ok. Anyway, that did the trick for me and hope it could help you too.