Validator Module & Bad Service Addons

PresTeamShop

We're pretty angry with validators of the modules in the addons page because they request impossible things and do not give a clear answer. 

We currently have 4 modules refused because according to them we use deprecated things, but as we will not use things are deprecated if all our modules are compatible from version 1.2 to 1.5. 

Another problem is that say we have to use the validator modules and solve? For this validator only works for modules made ​​for 1.4 and 1.5, but do not consider that there are several customers still prestashop 1.2 and 1.3.

Also of 3 messages sent none was answered. 

We need a help of us because actually we are selling our outdated modules and this creates unhappy customers that are not caused by us, else for their poor service.

Best regards.

Edited by PresTeamShop.com (see edit history)

Hey,

I went trought the decline reasons and i believe they are correct. This isn't about your modules being deprecated. It's about using a token on your externals php files to avoid them from being used by someone. By using a token, you only allow your module to use or get the thing he needs. It's the best way to keep your module safe for your customer.

Don't forget to upload your module to http://validator.prestashop.com and test it before submitting it.

Good luck :)

Thanks Kamel for your answer.

We believe that the forum will be the most appropriate way of an answer, because the contact form is impossible to get an answer. 

We've uploaded a module with token changes you say. I hope now if it can be validated. 

Wait for a response from the module up, to follow up the other modules declined.

Best regards.

• 3 weeks later...
Dear,

I commented already accepted three modules updates, but do not understand why 2 additional modules not being put to them the same changes to the 5 modules. I really do not understand anything. 

Will someone help me? Because the people who are behind validating modules, They do not know PrestaShop and programming, because knowing that we support all versions of prestashop is somewhat illogical to request me to remove such "global $smarty, $cookie" of the code.

All this hurt sales because outdated modules are purchased.

Best regards.

Dear,

I commented already accepted three modules updates, but do not understand why 2 additional modules not being put to them the same changes to the 5 modules. I really do not understand anything. 

Will someone help me? Because the people who are behind validating modules, They do not know PrestaShop and programming, because knowing that we support all versions of prestashop is somewhat illogical to request me to remove such "global $smarty, $cookie" of the code.

All this hurt sales because outdated modules are purchased.

Best regards.

Hi PresTeamShop, thanks for this message. I'll look into your account to let you know what the situation is and give you a better explanation on Monday. Thank you for your patience during this time.  

Hi,

I spoke to the validation team and It seems that there are additional errors in the modules you are submitting. You need to work with the validation team to get this matter resolved. If you can solve any of the errors that were mentioned, I would do so and resubmit the module. 

Thanks for your contributions and let me know how else I can help.