Seo Duplicate Content in WBT(Possibly caused by Block Layered)

hapciu80

Hi everybody,
Noticed recently a lot of errors on my WebMasterTools account,and my google ratings are falling fast.
In section HTML Improvements i have many duplicate title tags and meta description looking like these:

...?selected_filters=productor-c
...?selected_filters=productor-g

or

/home/38-w6sg00241-202-.html
/category/38-w6sg00241-202-.html

or others something like these:
?mobile_theme_ok
/?no_mobile_theme

I am using prestashop 1.5.4.1 Block Layered Module version 1.8.6.

Searching through forums i am guessing there are 2 possible solutions but i don't know how to apply them,i am a novice:

1.Upgrade BlockLayered
If i choose to upgrade this module to 1.10.1 where can i find the download link on gifthub and how to install it(just copy all files to modules/blocklayered and

Override them?Do i need to copy something to my themefolder/css/modules/blocklayered?
Is this one the correct link https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/tree/1.5/modules

2.Using URL Parameters in WBT

For example under the parameter selected_filters i have more than 600 URLs monitored,which option should i choose:No(Doesn't affect page content) or yes

(changes,reorders or narrows page content)

Thank you

The first one is caused by layered navigation.

The second one is weird, as there should be a permanent redirect to the default_category/product.html page

The cleanest solution would be to provide a rel=canonical  that works, and prestashop doesn't have it. So my advice to 'solve them all' would be to add a canonical tag. I think you can get around it by inspecting both the dispatcher and frontcontroller.

Thanks Nemo for your support and answer,you did a great job with your website,you have the best tutorials.

Unfortunately i don't know how to handle dispatcher and frontcontroller,since i don't have programming skills.

Perhaps in the future you will approach the Prestashop Seo issues on your website,a guideline about rel="canonical",301 Redirects will be really helpfull for most of us.