How much memory does your hosting need to run Prestashop with NEW theme?

Hi All,  I've had multiple problems with using a shared server with a maximum of 128mb. I can install the default theme, and it runs with no issues. But when I install a new theme it creates memory problems / blank page loads.

Should I just upgrade to VPS?

Can I reduce the memory usage?  (I have deleted all stats modules + others not in use)

Would deleting the default theme help at all?

If anyone has any advice or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Matt.

Hi DevNet,  thanks for your reply. I think I understand what your saying, each host servers can perform different.

Do additional themes really use up so much memory?  If I use the default prestashop theme it runs great. But if I install new theme, then at best Home page shows fine but any product page links fail, with out of memory error message. I've tried a couple of themes and disabled many modules to make them more lighweight.

Cheers, Matt.

in fact everything depends on theme, some themes are well coded, some of them not.

in addition, some themes use own customized modules, sometimes they affecting performance

but...it's not usual, that each theme that you're trying to install doesn't work well, 

• 1 year later...