Rich Menu and version 1.6

Yngvi

Curious thoughts about the inclusion of the rich menu in 1.6....... The hype surrounding the new version of Prestashop gives the impression that the Rich Menu will be included. I have downloaded and installed beta 2 and the Rich Menu is in the modules bust has a whopping £69.58 price tag, so not really included.

To further confound the issue, the pay now button takes you to the Addons modules and the menu costs £42.80 there but is only for version 1.5.

So this makes it seem like menu will be £26.78 more expensive for version 1.6.

Not exactly an added feature.

Because you're talking about the paying module that is more complete that what is included in the 1.6.0.

You can now upload thumbnails under the main category: http://puu.sh/6g8vp.jpg

that are going to be displayed as a rich menu on the FO: http://puu.sh/6g8yc.jpg

As for modules on Addons, 1.6.0 is not a stable release so you won't find any module that are labeled 1.6.0 on our website.

I guess the hype lives on!

I did not say there were any 1.6 modules. I said the version 1.5 Rich Menu costs 42.80 on the addons site, but the version 1.6 module has a new price of 69.58 which is shown on the button in the modules menu in the admin when version 1.6.0.2 is installed, and this button links to the version 1.5 Rich Menu.

Price hike maybe......hype, not so sure.

Edited by Yngvi (see edit history)

Just to clarify, when you install a copy of version 1.6.0.2 on a local machine and browse the modules in the admin, you are advertising version 2.0.14 of the Rich menu for £69.58 and this links to the addons module for version 1.5 of Prestashop and this version of Rich menu is also version 2.0.14, so exactly the same module version but listed as £26 more expensive on a local copy of Prestashop 1.6.02.

This sounds complcated even as I write it, but I hope you see what I am trying to explain.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds complcated even as I write it, but I hope you see what I am trying to explain.

Alright. Price being different between your Back-Office and the Addons website should be fixed now.

And just to make sure there is no misunderstanding: there's a new feature that allows you to have a rich menu without having to buy this module on Addons. However, this included feature is really basic and won't have all the options that the paying module has.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Alright. Price being different between your Back-Office and the Addons website should be fixed now.

And just to make sure there is no misunderstanding: there's a new feature that allows you to have a rich menu without having to buy this module on Addons. However, this included feature is really basic and won't have all the options that the paying module has.

Regards

So how do I access this new feature to configure the rich menu?

Craig

I may be wrong, but this gives me the impression that PS is deliberately keeping functions basic in order to sell more addons. That would be penny wise and pound foolish as it would harm the popularity of Prestashop.

@musicmaster

That's not the philosophy of PrestaShop (probably one -if not the first- e-commerce software with the most built-in features?). However, it is true that we try to keep the thing "basic" (or should I say, simple) so it applies to a broad range of shops. If you have specific needs (for example, a more advanced rich menu), then addons are there for that. Of course, since PrestaShop is open source, you can still develop another rich menu and use it.

I could go on and on so I better stop here and hope this will change your impression. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lucas, I have updated my shop to 1.6.0.5 and looking to add thumbnails to the rich menu but i can't find any thumbnail input in the category/edit page ??? like it is shown on your previous message.  Did i missed something ?

Thanks

ok, thx for the reply

Is there any documentation somewhere about how to use this module ?

Because after i upgraded to 1.6.0.5 i don't see the thubmnail input in my main category edit.

It only appears if i create a new top category.

And once i try to add one thumbnail, i have an upload error Unexpected token < 

Any requirement regarding thumbnial size or somethnig that would allow me to add thumbnails to the rich menu ?

Thx

Edited by jinox (see edit history)