block share on facebook not posting product information

Hi. I am having issues with the facebook share module. When i share a product to facebook i get the following result

post-485386-0-27581500-1388773741_thumb.png

It looks like its just sharing the url. any ideas would be great.

Prestashop  ver 1.5.4.1

Semi modified standard theme

Cheers. Gaz

Hi Vekia thanks for your reply its much appreciated and i will look into that however i hit a major problem yesterday and i wonder if you can help me with it. I turned on friendly URL's and my site crashed with a 500 so i deleted ht access and turned friendly URL's off and it successfully regenerated ht access however my site was still down. I restored the site from a backup on the server and tried turning URL's on again, this time it worked but there were so many dead links and infinite loops i decided to revert it again but it was still temperamental. i did a fresh restore today but after turning force compilation off it has killed my site again (blank page and no errors on browser console) any ideas on how this can be related and what i should do. I am worried as the backup was made just before i turned URL's on yesterday and everything was working fine. Thanks in advance. Gaz

hello

please check error log of your website, it's more than necessary in case like that.

i must know where error occur to help.

please open config/defines.inc.php

find this line: define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);
change to look like this: define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

Hi vekia, i have re installed again from my backup and the shop is fine i am going to make a copy of the site and upload it to a subdomain ready for testing just in case anything happens. i will get back to you when i have done this many thanks again vekia. Gaz

hello

thank you for informations,

if in the future you will see blank pages, internal server errors etc. it's always worth to turn on error reporting

sometimes it's better to fix, thank reinstalling etc. (you will save a lot of time ;) )

with regards,

Milos

• 2 months later...