[SOLVED] product description isn't updating

hhwang

hello... i'm having an issue with product descriptions not updating.

i'll go to update the product description, click save or save and stay, and it doesn't update.

please help.  any suggestions on where to look to fix this super annoying issue would be greatly appreciated.

no errors.

it says "Update Successful" but nothings changed.it appears to only be the product description or the short description.

i know that this started after i installed this theme.  speaking with them provides no answer as they're insisting it is not the template.

if i update the description or short description 3-4 times, it will update and change.  (something i've found out in the last 5 hours)

help?  :)

Hello... no I did not make the theme.  It was purchased on ThemeForest.

It is not updating short description as well.  And the updated content doesn't change on both the back office and front office.

Our current work flow is one staff will enter in the general information of the product.  Name, short and "long" description (basic), price, associations, etc.

Later in the evening, when I have time, I go through the products uploaded and add in the details.  When I finish updating the description, I'll click Save or Save and Stay, and the description will revert back to the one that my staff put in initially.

I've tried to communicate this problem to the template maker and they keep insisting it has nothing to do with their theme.

The problem, I would believe that if this was the only theme I've installed.  But it is not.  On different domains, I've installed themes from other template makers and not once, did this type of issue come up.

And to further the confusion,... when I first set up the Prestashop, we set up products and were updating the products on the default theme perfectly.  No issues, no problems.  After we installed this theme, this issue has come up (which I also explained to the template maker).

I'm tired of speaking to them as it's now an ongoing thing for almost a month now.... I just want this thing fixed so that I'm not wasting time updating 3 times before the correct and updated content appears in the description.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you make this theme yourself? Maybe it's set to show the same description for both short and long. Where updated content is not showing? On product page, category page, admin product page?

Edited by hhwang (see edit history)

If your changes doesn't update in Back Office even "Update successful" notification then it's rather not your theme's fault. It may be browser/system cache related problem. Did you try using other browser or even other computer?

problem disappeared as soon as i installed a different template.

themeforest took the time to listen to my detailed explanation of the various issues and allowed me to try a different theme.  changed nothing else but installed the theme and everything works as it should.  short descriptions, descriptions, everything updates with the first click of the Save and Stay.  :)

thanks to everyone who took the time to answer my question here.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have the similar problem I am using prestashop 1.6 default-bootstrap theme

When I tried to update products description it shows message update successfully but it is not updating.

Similar issue with home page image slider module.

Please help

Thanks.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issue on 1.6.0.13 Default Theme.  Short description and description won't update in BO, changes are not saved at all.

I have tried different browsers, cleared cache to no avail.

The only change I made was moving ACCESSORIES tab higher under the  MORE INFO tab in product.tpl  which I have revered, cleared cache but still same result.

Edited by dformica (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the similar problem I am using prestashop 1.6 default-bootstrap theme

When I tried to update products description it shows message update successfully but it is not updating.

Similar issue with home page image slider module.

Please help

Thanks.

I'm having the same issue on 1.6.0.13 Default Theme.  Short description and description won't update in BO, changes are not saved at all.

I have tried different browsers, cleared cache to no avail.

The only change I made was moving ACCESSORIES tab higher under the  MORE INFO tab in product.tpl  which I have revered, cleared cache but still same result.

Hi I have the same issue with default theme.

Can anyone answer this?

Thanks.

Friends - were any of you managed to resolve the problem? i am having similar issue but its widespread beyond description but to prices, tags etc etc.....

Thanks, Binesh

• 4 weeks later...