Job Offer: Need to move my Prestashop to UK based host

charizard

Hi, I need to move my Prestashop v1.4.4 from a USA based host to a UK one.

I either need someone to move and host the site or to move it to a recommended host.

Long story short, I've been so busy with ebay I haven't been able to get the website doing much, I bought the install/hosting package and never realised it was USA based which really isn't what I wanted.

I have a few other bits and pieces I need done such as somehow linking in my .BlogSpot.co.uk blog and Pinterest, including a Pinit button on my product pages.

Would welcome quotes for some/all the work. I've had someone from here do some other bits for me and he would probably do my Pin button, but he's not UK based and I want someone with knowledge of best hosting package

One day this site will be finished!

re hosting, I've seen a couple customers that had cpanels that allowed assignment of domain with different eu country associations.  Would work fine on gTLD's that do not share content.  I thought that was pretty cool.  re speed - across the pond, loads of bandwidth built with loads of capacity...:)  btw: I will have google fiber in home next 10 days...then I wouldn't mind doing moves for a small charge...

to the original poster...if you decide to have this moved, it's best to already have another hosting  here is list from ps

http://www.prestashop.com/en/ecommerce-hosting/bluehost

@ El Patron

Dang, I wish we could get fiber here. 

On another note, if you are using cpanel and have whm access, whm has a feature where you can move a complete account from one panel to another automatically. It is pretty awesome, I use it for migrating sites a lot. Basically you enter the information for the target site into the new whm panel, and it creates the account, then connects to the other server and downloads everything. It also creates the databases with the same name so it is pretty seamless. That way you do not have to download things to your computer and then upload them again.

• Like 1

whm...features, nice...I can see my dated vps running plesk 9.  And the US hosting is 'very' limiting with IP addresses.  I have bought ccTLD's that I can't use on this vps because company won't give out ip addresses (even to sell).  But the same hosting will certainly sell you the domain name..jajajaja  google (non-business account) fiber has caveat that one can not run a sever.

original poster, I think we are still staying on topic. :) 

note: when you pick a new hosting company, it's always good practice to download your existing version of prestashop from here: https://code.google.com/p/prestashop/downloads/list

install a test shop into your new hosting account

this way if ps has any complaints about the run time environment you can fix before moving your production shop.

Also, on the original topic, I would suggest webhostingbuzz.co.uk I have referred many people there over the years. One thing that is good about them (and a lot of other hosts) is that they can transfer your site for free. You might look into them, them you can get a free site transfer. If you have a high order volume, it might not work out though, you might get orders during the transfer that will not show up in the new shop. 

thanks for the replies...don't know what half of it means but thanks!

It is a .uk but have been advised it would be better to have UK hosting than US.

Not actually been doing much with the shop, just getting it the way I want it. Its to run alongside my B&M store, which opens in Feb. Most of my business is through ebay at the moment

I have no idea what whm is? I do know what cPanel is B)

I will check out both links

you said "It is a .uk but have been advised it would be better to have UK hosting than US."

this is true only if you use a gTLD (.com/.co/.etc) but as you use a ccTLD .uk. this overrides the IP in SEO...that is why shops should bolt on  ccTLD's for every country the do business in otherwise you compete at gTLD level...pass this on to your adviser for comment

re. ebay...I buy there constantly. 

• 2 weeks later...