Job Offer: Cybersource payment module for Prestashop

franrcardenas

cybersource offers several integration options, but it boils down to this

1) Do you want the customer to remain on your website, capture the payment details and then send the details to the cybersource payment gateway

2) Do you want the customer to be redirected to the cybersource website, where they enter the payment details, and then cybersource gateway notifies your website of success or failure (similar to Paypal)

You should review the overview page for the SOAP integration method and ensure this is the correct method for your client. 

http://www.cybersource.com/developers/learn/integration_methods/soap_toolkit_api/

Using this method also requires that you are allowed to install a PHP extension on the hosting server.  If you are running on a shared hosting platform, this is likely not a good method to use.

cybersource offers several integration options, but it boils down to this

1) Do you want the customer to remain on your website, capture the payment details and then send the details to the cybersource payment gateway

2) Do you want the customer to be redirected to the cybersource website, where they enter the payment details, and then cybersource gateway notifies your website of success or failure (similar to Paypal)

You should review the overview page for the SOAP integration method and ensure this is the correct method for your client. 

http://www.cybersource.com/developers/learn/integration_methods/soap_toolkit_api/

Using this method also requires that you are allowed to install a PHP extension on the hosting server.  If you are running on a shared hosting platform, this is likely not a good method to use.

Hi bellini3, thank you for your support.

The client was using cybersource with jigoshop (a wordpress ecommerce plugin), and now he moved to prestashop, so he want to use exactly the same payment gateway in prestashop. This is the plugin he was using in jigoshop: http://docs.mgates.me/cybersource/, so it seems that it would be the option 1) that you said.

Could you give an estimation of price and time for that? Also, I can send you the jigoshop cybersource plugin files if this would be helpful for you.

It's a VPS server, so it would not be a problem if a PHP extension is required (but I think that it was not required for the jigoshop cybersource plugin).

Also, could you give an estimation for the option 2), in case the client prefer this method?

Thanks!

Hi, sorry but I do not understand the reason for the choice.

Surely the payment function must work through SOAPapi, otherwise I do not think that the customer is willing to put its data in a server without ssl certificate and without a minimum of data security.

To see if it is already installed in your hosting Soap Client and Server just enter a phpinfo file and you have to get this type of configuration as in the attached image.

Clearly, the system works like paypal business, and not as paypalpro where data is inserted with an iframe within your site.

All this to avoid any fraud with credit cards, and take away any responsibility.

The cost is already mentioned in the old post.

post-554492-0-75476400-1388683367_thumb.png

Since it is VPS server, then installing any required/missing PHP extensions should not be an issue.  You can review this document, chapter 2 (page 18) for the required extensions.

http://www.cybersource.com/support_center/implementation/downloads/soap_api/SOAP_toolkits.pdf

If the clients server has everything needed for the SOAP integration method, that is great.  Then you just need to move onto confirming that there will not be any PCI compliance issues with using this approach.

The assumption at this point would be there are no issues, since they are already using cybersource on a different platform.  However it is not clear that the current jigoshop plugin is also using this integration method (there are 5 listed on cybersource website). 

You can forward the jigoshop plugin to me, the best way would be via my contact form on my website.  I can review it and most likely leverage what has already been built and provide you an estimate.  But it will likely be very close to nino88, and I'm not looking to steal work away from nino88, since he already engaged and provided you an estimate.

My goal was just to ensure you were provided with important information before jumping into the SOAP toolkit method.

Hi Bellini, thank you, you are very kind.

Your question is very good, so that your ISP does not install support for SOAP, or we may do a job without the final result.

If the customer provides us with the phpinfo of your hosting, we are sure it will work.

Expect the answer