Taxs Not Calculating

I am having a similar problem, my taxes are not being calculated or added to the cart. I am in Florida, so I need only charge sales tax to addresses within Florida, however I am unable to convince PrestaShop to add the taxes. I have a tax rule set up for the zip code range for Florida, and the tax appears on the Price tab of each product page as I have selected.

Any ideas are very welcome! :)

Thanks!

A couple of notes the product tax is to apply tax to the product in the cart, you also need to set all groups to show prices tax excluded.

At the bottom of the localization/ taxes page make sure show tax in cart is set to yes.

For taxes to be applied you must be logged in as a registered customer otherwise there is no address for Prestashop to apply taxes to.

If you want tax to show in the header cart you can edit the blockcart.php file and change the line below.

modules/blockcart/blockcart.php  (around line 58)

change this
$useTax = !($taxCalculationMethod == PS_TAX_EXC);

To this:
$useTax = true; /*!($taxCalculationMethod == PS_TAX_EXC)*/; 

I'm happy to say that taxes do - eventually - calculate! :) YAY!

I would like to state clearly for future problems like this:

TAXES ARE NOT CALCULATED PRIOR TO SHOPPER LOG IN / REGISTRATION.

This should be screamed from rooftops. Do you know it took me over a week to figure it out?

So thanks for all the help. I am - after this nightmare - fairly certain I will never again inflict PrestaShop on another client. Off to cope with the next crisis!

For taxes to be applied you must be logged in as a registered customer otherwise there is no address for Prestashop to apply taxes to.

And yet, PrestaShop can figure out the actual shipping price based on the destination zip code - the same zip code that controls the tax applied - prior to the shopper logging in.

How - inconsistent!