Back office licences?

Does the back office use some licencing with a third party outside Prestashop?

I'm having issues in the back office when the URL is set up with the"www", part of the BO, Ajax and Java script do not work. When I take the "www" off everything is fine.

My host (Bluehost) has been working on it and trying to figure out what is going on they are wondering if it could be due to a licencing issue as it seems some of the dashboard blocks are linked to outside servers.

The Prestashop Links block and the Stats block are not working as well as a number of modules and commands when my site is set with the "www".

Well, here's what I found out today.

if the site URL is www.domain.com and htaccess is ^(www.)?domain.com$ the back office only works if I log as http://domain.com/admin (without the www).

if the site URL is domain.com and htaccess is ^domain.com$ the back office only works if I log as www.domain.com, this time with the www.

if URL and htaccess missmatch (one with and the other without www) then the front office do not work but it does not change anything on the back office issue.

Basically I have to log in admin the opposite way the URL is set up for it to work properly.